Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell stones we are right in the [Poor language removed] who are we going to replace him with? Other teams will then think we've got money and start quoting stupid prices this Is a no go.

It's pretty hard to replace the most talented centre back in English football.

Lately I have noticed a lot of angry members, (swollen in indignation, rigid in defiance, and purplish in apoplexy), getting a little steamed up over one or two transfer window trifles. The angry little emoticon :rant: has also been seen in some of said members issuances (which at times border on furious ejaculation).

I think it is wonderful that impassioned members stand up so forthrightly for our phenomenal football club. But at the end of the day, let's not get too caught up in Stoke's and Newcastle's transfer activity. Nor should we over fret as to whether Naisy will be available for season kick-off. And Chelsea trying to buy Arouna for large amounts of moolah should be should be seen as a compliment to our great club...
...errrrm, what's that? ....Chelsea aren't after Kone, they're after Stones????!!

grrrrrrrrrrr....:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

When Martinez has spent big on a player, he's spent well. Lukaku and McCarthy.

In the eventuality of selling Stones and Mirallas, we'd have big money to spend on replacements.

If we sell Stones you may as well kiss the other two good bye. Good players don't stay at clubs that move on their best players. Only have to look over the road for that to be the case.

What's that got to do with having to sell?

We don't have to sell.

If the player wants to move on, I understand that, get the most money we can.

BUT HE DOESN'T.

This. All this talk about us being at the mercy of the rich clubs, or having to accept a certain amount is pisses me off.

If we had some balls, we would show the rich clubs a cold reality as well - with the current Sky deal we DON'T have to sell unless WE want to. Everton and the player should be the only ones with a say in it.

But I have no confidence whatsoever in this board, as it is clear as day they're just waiting for the offer to be upped, so I may as well resign myself to the inevitable. What is the point.

Lescott was England stuff when we sold him to City, we got good money and he picked up a few medals and a lot more cash. It has always been the nature of football. Goodison hit the roof when Ball went (Alan) as there seemed no logic to it.

Peaks and troughs people, peaks and troughs.

Lets be honest John Stones isn't going to be here forever - this is not a romantic industry.
However it would be inconceivably stupid to sell him now. We have 2 senior centrehalves, he has a 4 year contract and, most importantly, his price is only going to go up.
Bill might be skint but he isn't daft. Plus Chelsea were insulting. Plus Stones said only 4 days ago he was happy.

If he goes Sterlingo on us I'd kind of give up on footballers. What's more scary is what it would make Everton... forget all the history, only we seem to care these days about those days. If we sold Stones this summer we would (in my eyes anyway) at last cease to be relevant. We'd amalgamate with Newcastle et al and sit there like a car in a dump, our body parts violated and pilfered for the Jaguar who is gearing up for a road trip.
Ffs

That's the worst thing about supporting a team who aren't champs league regulars. As soon as you get someone who is genuinely awesome and could be a club legend they get signed by the sky clubs. I guess this is how Barnsley fans felt when he left them.

If Barkley fulfills his promise how long until he's moving on to the next level ? If deulofeu has a stormer will barca just take him back off us ?

We're not allowed very good things for longer than a season or two it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back