Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace Stones with a couple of players not as good? What's the point. We should not sell. It's called ambition.
To be fair we sold Lescott and bought distin. Who turned out amazing for us, but I agree with you Martinez doesn't have my full trust.

Replace Stones with a couple of players not as good? What's the point. We should not sell. It's called ambition.

We aren't in the elite bracket, we aren't in the CL and highly unlikely ever to get there unless we are bought as a plaything for a Russian crook or an Arab. We are not top of the food chain, so every player is available for big money.

It cheeses me off as well, but I am afraid that's the cold reality of it.

Papers doing what they always do - acting as Chelsea's mouthpiece.

Nobody stands up for us. Nobody acts as our mouthpiece or gives our spin.

This £34m stuff is just guff to keep the story alive and crank up the pressure on us & turn Stones head.

It's par for the course. The next thing will be a Chelsea 'legend' urging him to sign for them. My bet is that Ray Wilkins will get wheeled out to tell us all how Jose can guide his career.
Tbf the Torygraph ran a piece slagging off chelskis disrespect, may as well appreciate the rainbow before the flood

There is no conceivable way we could improve our squad if we sell Stones even for 34 million. With that money we would need to bring in 2 centre backs at a minimum (since we'd have one senior centre back at our club), both of whom will certainly not be as good as Stones, and we probably wouldn't have much left to strengthen elsewhere.

I'm not delusional, everyone has their price. Ours should be 50 million plus Cahill.

Tbf the Torygraph ran a piece slagging off chelskis disrespect, may as well appreciate the rainbow before the flood
I'd be amazed if it was really that critical. The broadsheets are now as enthralled with Jose as the tabloids are.

They won't dare go off the record for their back-page idol. The undertones of what they've been told though. Well, they can't stop hinting at that.

I just wish billy ball bag would get his act together and tell them he's not for sale at any price but I just Carnt see him doing it if stones does go my fear is others might want to follow out the door.

He'd start ahead of Terry most games, unless things go wrong. Terry will be a sub this year if Stones arrived. Stones may start from the bench for the first few months but he'd be a starter by November IMO.

I'm not sure, Terry played every minute of last season so I'm sure he'll be ready to start most games this season. I think he'd probably be a sub most of this season then start for them the season after.

Hopefully he never starts for them, ever though.

Reactions: Gil
I just wish billy bag would get his act together and tell them he's not for sale at any price but I just Carnt see him doing it if stones does go my fear is others might want to follow out the door.

It's blindingly obvious after Jose's comments that a statement on the club website would have sorted this out. It never came. I still can't understand why Chelsea are going about it in this way and I wonder if there aren't other clubs at the table that Mourinho was trying to smoke out.

We aren't in the elite bracket, we aren't in the CL and highly unlikely ever to get there unless we are bought as a plaything for a Russian crook or an Arab. We are not top of the food chain, so every player is available for big money.

It cheeses me off as well, but I am afraid that's the cold reality of it.

What's that got to do with having to sell?

We don't have to sell.

If the player wants to move on, I understand that, get the most money we can.

BUT HE DOESN'T.

To be fair we sold Lescott and bought distin. Who turned out amazing for us, but I agree with you Martinez doesn't have my full trust.

Wasnt as good as Lescott. What did we do with the rest of that windfall? Bilyaletdinov and Heitinga. Would rather have kept Lescott. Would rather keep Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back