Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlaar is out for 3-4 months thankfully, would thankfully never pass a medical. (oh and he's terrible.)
Alcaraz is talking to Saltzberg but also wanted in Italy.
Maloney retired to Chicago Fire a few months back, he's going nowhere.

We will thankfully sign none of this three.

(Whispers) pssstttt was only kidding ;)

This could well be a statement of intent for the club if the club wished to.

Sell stones for the highest amount as long as it is a relaistic amount and not undersell him. Then invest ALL the money into the team, sign actually good players who will make a difference to ther first 11 and go into the new season like that.

As much as the 'don't sell stones' brigade will disagree, would you swap stones for a fantastic few players who will improve the first 11 straight away? We haven't got the money to do that now so instead of jarg players like payet, we go and sign the better ones. the eriksens of the game, the quality winger, the centre half who isnt scott dann or johnny evans?

(BTW im not against signing johnny evans as a backup for cheap)

If he is going to go, we need a couple of big hitters to show an interest.

There's no way that City and Utd would just let Chelsea have a free run at Stones. City are desperate for young English talent and Utd are desperate for a centre back, they'd all be interested. The club know this and they can clearly see Chelsea's and Mourinho game to get it wrapped up quick, but we'd squeeze all of them for every penny if we were thinking of cashing in.

The fact no one else has been linked yet suggests we're not keen on doing business, otherwise we'd be pushing stories through the press ourselves to drive the price up.

This could well be a statement of intent for the club if the club wished to.

Sell stones for the highest amount as long as it is a relaistic amount and not undersell him. Then invest ALL the money into the team, sign actually good players who will make a difference to ther first 11 and go into the new season like that.

As much as the 'don't sell stones' brigade will disagree, would you swap stones for a fantastic few players who will improve the first 11 straight away? We haven't got the money to do that now so instead of jarg players like payet, we go and sign the better ones. the eriksens of the game, the quality winger, the centre half who isnt scott dann or johnny evans?

(BTW im not against signing johnny evans as a backup for cheap)

Okay name a few of those fantastic few.
I would tend to agree but would rather keep stones for another year.

There's no way that City and Utd would just let Chelsea have a free run at Stones. City are desperate for young English talent and Utd are desperate for a centre back, they'd all be interested. The club know this and they can clearly see Chelsea's and Mourinho game to get it wrapped up quick, but we'd squeeze all of them for every penny if we were thinking of cashing in.

The fact no one else has been linked yet suggests we're not keen on doing business, otherwise we'd be pushing stories through the press ourselves to drive the price up.
Am I correct in thinking that ManUtd (States) and City (Far East, Australia) are both out of the country at the moment on tour somewhere?
Chelsea are probably trying to drive it through while everyone else is on the other side of the world. NOt that that should make a difference these days but it would make things much more difficult.

The Sun reckons Stones wants to go to Chelski,I know I know.
I am not a person commonly given to demonstration of vent and fume. And most media outlet tittle-tattle I have no truck with. But when such noble mouthpiece, such venerable public organ, as is The Sun tabloid, confirms Stones' guilt toward such disloyal perfidy, there remains but one avenue for me to give channel of my anguish, my angst.... (everybody ready?....wait for it...)....:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Am I correct in thinking that ManUtd (States) and City (Far East, Australia) are both out of the country at the moment on tour somewhere?
Chelsea are probably trying to drive it through while everyone else is on the other side of the world. NOt that that should make a difference these days but it would make things much more difficult.

Yeah they are but there's no way that would stop them getting involved, just look where the RS are and the Benteke deal for instance.

In fact Chelsea are abroad as well if memory serves me right.

If 34m is going to get you a young defender who's at fault for several goals it certainly isn't going to get you two world class players.

Stop playing his ability down. He's good. He's going to get better. Can he be the best? If he continues like this, sure. Would you sell the best for £34m? (Keep in mind Ferdinand went for £31m over ten years ago).
Ferdinand was proven quality..

stones leaves, we then need 2 centre halfs..one will need to be very good and willl prob have to be on more wages than stones!

gotta keep him this season, maybe guarantee he can leave at end of season if he wants to

I am not a person commonly given to demonstration of vent and fume. And most media outlet tittle-tattle I have no truck with. But when such noble mouthpiece, such venerable public organ, as is The Sun tabloid, confirms Stones' guilt toward such disloyal perfidy, there remains but one avenue for me to give channel of my anguish, my angst.... (everybody ready?....wait for it...)....:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
Oh dear,sorry mate, really am, you take care now mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back