Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club need to come out today wth a statement of intent on this. No way should we be cashing in on Stones now. If he stays for another year and goes to the euro's all the big clubs in Europe will be after him and that price could reach close to £50.
Put in into context, PSG paid £50m for Luiz. Stering went for £49m and Shaw went to UTD for same price Chelsea offering us for Stones.
Stance now should bre we are not selling and get a clause in his contarct and if he wants to go this time next year so be it. The lads quality and you cant stand in his way if he has ambitions.
This is the Rooney transfer all over again and if the board make the same mistake that will be a serious cock up.
We are down to the bones at CB at the moment. Another year for the 2 young lads and a year to find a 2 quality replacements that will step right into the team as Jags has 2 years left at most.
TV money going up again next year hence why Chelsea and city are in a rush to get the english players in before the smaller clubs have the power to demand more money.
If Stones has any sense hel stick around and develop his game with his for another year or 2. Hel sit o the bench for half the season at Chelsea and same with England. Hel get his big contract , its on the way. Hel get an even better onbe and his choice of which big club he wants in a year or 2 rather than jumping at first offer on the table.
Love him to stay but lets be real about it.

Could it be the club might worry that if we kept him and he got a big injury or something his value would plummet? Sad as it is, we rely on transfer money and have to take big money offers when they come. I hate it and would prefer Stones stay but that's just not reality.

The more Chelsea and other clubs throw their weight around and purposefully put massive bids in the media, the more I think Stones will want to stay for now. I think he's the type of lad to think 'christ, they're rejecting £34m for me? That says a lot'

Okay name a few of those fantastic few.
I would tend to agree but would rather keep stones for another year.

invest in youth, tielmans, praet, Neves, Luka Jovic,

Ready made- Mertins- Witzel, (wages unrealistic) Sniejder, Kovacic (no idea if he is attacking though), Perisic, Yarlemenko,

Just to name a few, all would improve us in our first 11

So do we just put a number on him and make them meet that ??

Lets be honest, is only going to leave us anyway, do we just do it now, or wait till next summer....after he has maybe sulked for a year !?!

I'm actually more concerned about how Stones will be able to cope with the probable added pressure if he does stay. If Everton do end up turning down an increased bid of around £30-£35m then the media attention on him would be huge. The rejected £20m bid is already going to add enough pressure on the lad, but £35m....?! I would imagine every little mistake he makes would be magnified to the n'th degree by the lovely media. He does seem like a 'down to earth lad', but I'm still concerned about how he'd cope.

invest in youth, tielmans, praet, Neves, Luka Jovic,

Ready made- Mertins- Witzel, (wages unrealistic) Sniejder, Kovacic (no idea if he is attacking though), Perisic, Yarlemenko,

Just to name a few, all would improve us in our first 11

None of these would join anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back