Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's rumours it's 25%.

Barnsley chairman said they were getting a very tidy windfall when John is sold.

Equivalent of 5 years money, but if he does go for 30 plus million more then likely it'll be paid over 5 years which will mean we double our income for the next 5 years,

How do you know they wouldnt come to us? Neves wouldnt cost as much as you think as he is still young, so easily enough to sign a defender with the rest of the money.

But players cannot be proven in the leagues unless they come to it. Eriksen wasnt proven, hazard wasnt proven, ronaldo wasnt proven yet they didnt exaclty fail did they?

And price wise, all within our price range if we sold stones. Hazard top end of the budget sure but not every young player goes for that amount.

But yeah, how can you expect the team to improve if we dont invest? and how do you expect us to sign better players with an atitude of 'he wouldnt sign anyway'.

I mean jesus we just signed one of the best young strikers in europe and 12 months before the loan was annoucned you would have said the same about him!
Neves the same one from porto? they never sell cheap and hes very highly thought off.

I wouldve thought we could get rom on loan, then the perm move we were a much more attractive proposition and he had already had such a boss time with us

Really don't think he'll go this summer mate - he knows he's at the best place for him right now. This time next year may well be different.

I hope so, but does it really matter ?? this summer of next summer ?? In the grand scheme of things ??

I hope so, but does it really matter ?? this summer of next summer ?? In the grand scheme of things ??
Yes, next summer the value couldve and i imagine will have improved.

Will leave a full 12 months to scout and line up deals for players using the money

%25 sounds insane. It cant be that much.

I thought the same our board are cheapskates so couldn't see them allowing such a daft sell on fee.

Head says 15%
Gut says 20%

Providing we got around £45 mil+ in any potential future sale neither would be terrible news, anything less would be poor considering the lads potential.

Yes, next summer the value couldve and i imagine will have improved.

Will leave a full 12 months to scout and line up deals for players using the money

But he may not have a good season ?? Like Ross.

His contract will be a year lighter.....no guarantee his value will go up.

Im just playing devils advocate here, lets look at both sides..

We may even get him back on loan!!!

I thought the same our board are cheapskates so couldn't see them allowing such a daft sell on fee.

Head says 15%
Gut says 20%

Providing we got around £45 mil+ in any potential future sale neither would be terrible news, anything less would be poor considering the lads potential.

What ever it is it makes it even harder for Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back