Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever we end up selling him for, he must be cash up front, none of this add-on rubbish. They want him, they can pay through the nose. This is the team who paid 50m for an over the hill Torres, remember.

35m cash, one payment, or no deal and do one.

They did get 50 for him.

Defenders can be similarly priced to attackers and midfielder because of the lack of genuinely talented ones out there now
CKZAmqCWEAE-0d5.png

£40m according to Sky.

Whatever we end up selling him for, he must be cash up front, none of this add-on rubbish. They want him, they can pay through the nose. This is the team who paid 50m for an over the hill Torres, remember.

but we probably are paying for Lukaku over 4 or 5 years.

But he may not have a good season ?? Like Ross.

His contract will be a year lighter.....no guarantee his value will go up.

Im just playing devils advocate here, lets look at both sides..

We may even get him back on loan!!!
Hes mentally much stronger than ross, cant see him slipping like that.
Another strong season, euros in the summer, dont forget new tv deal next year too which doubles again, his value will only go up.

And like i said, gives us a better opportunity to scout players, line up the deals, and get them in early to bed in.

We can easily fritter away the money now by being under prepared or other teams bumping their prices up knowing we have the money like after we sold lescott

You need a sell on in case Real come knocking when he's 24 with two years left on his contract, then we can get another lump

Neves the same one from porto? they never sell cheap and hes very highly thought off.

I wouldve thought we could get rom on loan, then the perm move we were a much more attractive proposition and he had already had such a boss time with us

no-one would have thought getting lukaku to sign perminantly was a realistic thing. The lad at 19 just put 15 goals in for west brom the year before. Yeah the loan was an option but you would have never guessed that he would become our record signing and leave the champions. Or that chelsea would sell such a good young player.

Neves, aye porto dont sell cheap but they sell too early as well. Plenty of players have left them under their potential value as they know who they can bring in to replace them with as soon as someone wants their player. SO neves easily under 20 million available and great prospect.

alternatively bring someone older in like i listed (bar wesley, bad example that one) and go for experience.

If they bid £34m then he's gone. No way will our board turn down that sort of money. I hate to say it but I think he will be a Chelsea player before the season starts. Just have to fleece them for every penny we can and get a replacement in as soon as we can.

Feel sick saying this but deep down I think we all know this won't end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back