Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer (and it will happen I'm afraid) will have "undisclosed" stamped all over it. From what I have heard this was hatched a few months ago, once we had disclosed the sell on fee (%) to chelski. They have offered several players on permanents (piazon, who has been shocking on loan with eintracht frankfurt, moses, as well as 2 players on loan, loftus cheek & bamford hence links), to lower the actual cash fee, hence lower the money payable to Barnsley. Us to be fair (or RM) only interested in the youngsters on loan, so now deal is dependent on how much we can chalk off the money we owe chelski for Lukaku. With Stones not pushing for a transfer, it also allows him a bigger share of the money too, however, as you will know Stones not that interested in the cash. Chelsea also don't want the pressure on Stones as the most expensive defender, so complicating the deal with players and repayments will suit them too.This is starting to have all the hallmarks of other recent transfers, going back to the Speed days, of the club manipulating things for their own means - but chelski can't be bothered towing the line. Again why we have to sell can only be answered by Kenwright & Co.

Knowing the blind naivety Everton usually operate with it seems unlikely we'd want to screw Barnsley out of what we owe them. Seems even less likely that we'd tKe players in exchange considering I can't remember the last time we made a player exchange transfer. We also are under no financial pressure to sell. Bamford has already gone to Palace too. This is falling apart quite quickly mate.

Knowing the blind naivety Everton usually operate with it seems unlikely we'd want to screw Barnsley out of what we owe them. Seems even less likely that we'd tKe players in exchange considering I can't remember the last time we made a player exchange transfer. We also are under no financial pressure to sell. Bamford has already gone to Palace too. This is falling apart quite quickly mate.

Also why would we want a 9th DM in Loftus Cheek?

Who said that? The media have but I haven't heard anyone from Everton. Why would Chelsea be preparing multiple bids if this was true? Stones is not an idiot, he must read the papers, why doesn't he come out and say he's staying?
John has already said he was happy and looking forward to the new season as an Everton player and that was after the bid came in. What happened if he said "yes I'm staying" and then the club accepted a record breaking offer for him - it would be the Delph flipflop situation all over again.

Any further comments should come from the club and probably will at the next prematch press conference.

"crisis" in the headline but no indication its nearly that bad in the article. probably meeting to discuss his improved contract
Exactly what I meant - Stones agent is quiet compared to McCarthy! we all know he wants parity in wages perhaps - BK needs to move in and up the wages of Stones too!

perhaps we're cutting off our noses to spite our faces, perhaps we should sell, and for a reasonable price too, in order to ensure we still get chelsea's "scraps from the table" so to speak
No we the club has to back RM or it will be an exodus of our star players think of the message it will send out lack of ambition etc - Lukarku wants to tell him what a crap club they are with a mouthy manager!

No we the club has to back RM or it will be an exodus of our star players think of the message it will send out lack of ambition etc - Lukarku wants to tell him what a crap club they are with a mouthy manager!
I know what you're saying Joe, but that sounds like it could anger them, do we really want to upset Chelsea ???

John has already said he was happy and looking forward to the new season as an Everton player and that was after the bid came in. What happened if he said "yes I'm staying" and then the club accepted a record breaking offer for him - it would be the Delph flipflop situation all over again.

Any further comments should come from the club and probably will at the next prematch press conference.
More like a press conference ASAP to award him a pay rise on his contract and he is staying we did the with RB last season!

Is anyone fearing that all this will derail our start to the season?

Our start is difficult enough as it is without all this nonsense.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas all rumoured to be unsettled.

I'm getting flashbacks to the 6-1 Arsenal drubbing when the same happened with Lescott..

Martinez has to take a large part of the blame for this, has sat around twiddling his thumbs whilst other clubs around us make ambitious signings which could have convinced some of the lads that we can compete at the top. Players like Cabaye, Wijnaldum, Payet, Mitrovic, Ayew all could have massively improved the club whilst we champion the board for getting in a under 21 player who won't feature for the first team, an average squad player on a free and an inconsistent (albeit with big potential) 21 year old who we had 2 seasons ago for a small fee.

Still time to go of course but after last season it was clear we needed to get rid of the deadwood and bring in 2-3 quality additions (the most important being a playmaker) but so far we look absolutely clueless in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back