Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm not that bothered if he goes. As I've said before, we will rebuild. I know options are limited in terms of quality CB's, but I'd bet my bollox we would come back stronger!

I don't know what I'd do with your bollox mate but I'd accept that bet. Short term improvement? Possibly. Longterm? Very doubtful.

Also what does rebuilding mean? We find another great player to sell at 21 years old? How does one rebuild when you sell all of your best assets? When does it end? When do we actually consider this revolutionary tactic: keeping your best players so they play for your team rather than a different team.

We'll need 10-15m to replace Stones. So then what? We spend 20m. We sell the greatest English defensive prospect in a decade in order to spend approx as much as Newcastle will in this window? It's utterly ludicrous that anyone is even entertaining it as an idea without using the word "horrifying" in front of "idea."

I'll probably get murdered for dropping this here.

He's got an extensive resume, but hopefully this is jarg nonsense.

Honestly, I'm not that bothered if he goes. As I've said before, we will rebuild. I know options are limited in terms of quality CB's, but I'd bet my bollox we would come back stronger!

He's top drawer, there's no doubt about that, and his leaving us in ultimately inevitable, unless we can match his ambitions.

Interesting to see how this'll play out. If he stays - great, absolutely delighted, if he goes, so be it and we get top top funds!
Top funds that BK will make disappear like the Arteta money?

This transfer (and it will happen I'm afraid) will have "undisclosed" stamped all over it. From what I have heard this was hatched a few months ago, once we had disclosed the sell on fee (%) to chelski.

What's your source mate?

Unsubstantiated rumours don't usually go down too well...

I can to be honest. When have we sold a player we didn't want to recently without commanding a very good fee?

Fellaini? More than his release clause!
Arteta? £10m off the back of an awful season, well past his best.
Lescott? A stonking fee at the time that did more for us than it did for City.
the players abopve gave us some service stones has just broke in to the team , and a future England / EFC Captain - big difference imo!

What's your source mate?

Unsubstantiated rumours don't usually go down too well...
The Sun started all this early am stating Stones wanted to go - the same rag which demonised the tragic Hillsborough fans who died!
its just the media bored pre season and EFC Board need to put a stop to any rumours on any of our players if Stones is sold expect an exodus of our few star players!

Is anyone fearing that all this will derail our start to the season?

Our start is difficult enough as it is without all this nonsense.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas all rumoured to be unsettled.

I'm getting flashbacks to the 6-1 Arsenal drubbing when the same happened with Lescott..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back