Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think United bid enough, we went to Baines and he said "nar".

Im not pretending to be ITK thats just how I imagined it went down.

He spoke about it here;

Baines, who subsequently signed a new long-term contract in January, had been the subject of speculation before but the United experience was something completely different and he admits there were times when it took its toll.
‘I guess you never know if you’re doing the right thing or not but at the time, it’s not your decision as a player to make those calls,’ said Baines. ‘I wanted to be kept informed. I spoke to the manager privately on numerous occasions, I spoke with the chairman.
‘It was a bit of a stressful time because you’re not sure what way it’s going to go. You just try to conduct yourself in the proper manner as much as you can. I had those conversations myself. I didn’t have someone in there for me feeding back.
‘I spoke with the manager, the chairman and we had private conversations. They kept me in the loop all along. From this end you might get credit for turning someone down that you probably don’t deserve because you didn’t, I sat on the fence and saw how the thing played out.
‘If I was playing for a foreign club I may have acted differently but I think there is a different level of respect. Maybe it was just how I was brought up.’

I wish I had your confidence. I can't see Kenwright saying no to £30m + I'm afraid

I can to be honest. When have we sold a player we didn't want to recently without commanding a very good fee?

Fellaini? More than his release clause!
Arteta? £10m off the back of an awful season, well past his best.
Lescott? A stonking fee at the time that did more for us than it did for City.

A key thing here. I think John Stones is of the same mould, and it's why I'm not too worried.

The thing that stands out is the comments from that Barnsley dude, as soon as Stones was told signing a contract would help the club, he signed it, I know we arent his boyhood club or anything, but 1 of the reasons we all love him so much is cos hes simply a really nice lad.

He will do whatever Everton want, if we want him to stay he will stay, if we say the fee is to good to turn down I reckon theres still a slight glimmer that he will still stay im happy here, I would prefer to stay, maybe thats shortsighted from me, maybe ive lost my grip on reality, but you gotta have hope that theres still good guys in modern football, you just gotta.

I love our all Everton fans think it up to club what happens here, you're forgetting Stones as 4 years left on in his contract, he still lives in the village he's always lived in, with his girlfriend, who he's been with 9 years, who as 12 months left on her degree at a Northern uni, you can talk about transfer fee and so on but Stones also as a lot of say in this and he'll only do what's right for him and his family.
In all seriousness though...

His bird ain't gonna need a job!

Just saying like...

I can to be honest. When have we sold a player we didn't want to recently without commanding a very good fee?

Fellaini? More than his release clause!
Arteta? £10m off the back of an awful season, well past his best.
Lescott? A stonking fee at the time that did more for us than it did for City.

But they all went in the end whatever the price. You seemed to imply that you are not too worried that he wiill go

The thing that stands out is the comments from that Barnsley dude, as soon as Stones was told signing a contract would help the club, he signed it, I know we arent his boyhood club or anything, but 1 of the reasons we all love him so much is cos hes simply a really nice lad.

He will do whatever Everton want, if we want him to stay he will stay, if we say the fee is to good to turn down I reckon theres still a slight glimmer that he will still stay im happy here, I would prefer to stay, maybe thats shortsighted from me, maybe ive lost my grip on reality, but you gotta have hope that theres still good guys in modern football, you just gotta.

This. From all accounts he's a down to Earth lad and I couldn't see him forcing a move from us - especially given that he must know that he would be guaranteed first team football with us and not at Chelsea; which is even more important given that the Euros are coming up next year.

John Stones will stay at Everton because his Mrs still has 12 months at Uni ???!!!

Do they not have Universities in London ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back