Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better not sell stones unless the figure is 70M +

There are no good centre backs around, let alone English ones, let alone young ones. We have a very good young English centre back which money simply cannot buy these days (Because there are none)

Im sure all his scouts told him what we already know.

John Stones will go to the very top of the tree, in 3 years, my god, imagine how good that lad is gonna be.

yep, which is why if we must sell him we sell him then - hopefully he would have had one more extension on his contract by then

I still think that it's a matter of time until Chelsea come in with a ridiculous offer, but I'm interested to see how the club handles all this speculation with our players and whether we go the Southampton route (sell Stones and buy 3 or 4 quality players), or we stick to our ground and say no at any price.

Stones will continue to rise in value and we seem to play so much better with than without him.

£35m and Salah or jog on. Or £50m.

I really rate Salah in fairness, wouldn't mind him included if a deal had to be done.

Its a strange change of direction from Jose.

He hardly ever buys younger players with loads still to learn, yet here he is looking for another 1 12 months after buying Zouma, very strange.

He signed that frog real have at centre back when he was 19 didn't he and played him most weeks

Never said this place was pathetic, did I? I quoted a post and said "This is the internet at it's absolute worst."

Even you must know that some hysterical posts are made on here. As is the norm on the interweb.

Well he's a thought - if this is the internet at it's absolute worst consisting of seething neanderthals... consider taking that pedestal of yours to another forum.

As for "even you must know..." Seriously? "even you...". Ha. Typical of your patronising, abrasive and belittling tone towards fellow Blues on here. I'm losing patience with you and recommend you adjust your approach or you'll need to be looking for another place to satisfy your ego.

Stones has said that he is happy at Everton,
Everton say they are not interested in selling the player.

If that situation stays the same then the player stays.

The Chelsea interest in John Stones didn't suddenly happen overnight. Chelsea know that John Terry has a limited amount of time available. They also know they won a poor league last season, City underperformed hugely, Utd very much a club in transformation and Arsenal...were they were just Arsenal , perennial underperformers.
John Stones and his agent will have known about the Chelsea interest for a long time. I am sure they knew about the bid before Everton did.
I think Chelsea have been told that if they reach an agreement with Everton Stones would be happy to join them, but he is also happy to stay at Everton and Chelsea will no help from the Stones camp to push through a deal.

Mourinho is trying some bullying to force through a deal and I wonder if he actually is allowed by Chelsea to spend the kind of money Everton would want. What has been the biggest signing by Mourinho since he came back to Chelsea ? I expect it was Costa and he was already an experienced proven goalscorer.

In addition , I would expect that Utd, City, the Spanish and German clubs may have an interest if the player were to come on the market.
Evidently we sent them a letter of the first enquiry about Stones was not for sale - RM mentioned that, in his stance that no EFC player especially John Stones is for sale as our books our in the balance!

We have an absolute diamond here. Think about it. Press is already quoting him to be future England captain. Just stop for a while....and think about it.

Ffs. Interesting times.

If and when we're able to keep him it'll be huge huge imago victory for our club.

We have an absolute diamond here. Think about it. Press is already quoting him to be future England captain. Just stop for a while....and think about it.

Ffs. Interesting times.

If and when we're able to keep him it'll be huge huge imago victory for our club.

Of course we can keep him. He has four years left on his contract.

of course he's interested

he'll have his wages quadrupled, learn from best manager in the league and the best defender in the league and will most likely win a trophy or two in his first season...

if you're not a boyhood evertonian why would you want to turn down that offer ?

Loads of reasons:

Maybe he doesn't want to play for Chelsea -- might prefer Barca or something.

He thinks playing more regularly will be better for his long-term development.

He thinks staying for a year or two will up his price (both sale and wages) meaning he'll make more money long-term.

He likes it here. People act like nobody ever turns down more money. Millions of people turn down more money. They do it for family, for friends, for love, for an area they like, for a job they love.

... anyway ... that's just off the top of my head.

I love our all Everton fans think it up to club what happens here, you're forgetting Stones as 4 years left on in his contract, he still lives in the village he's always lived in, with his girlfriend, who he's been with 9 years, who as 12 months left on her degree at a Northern uni, you can talk about transfer fee and so on but Stones also as a lot of say in this and he'll only do what's right for him and his family.

I love our all Everton fans think it up to club what happens here, you're forgetting Stones as 4 years left on in his contract, he still lives in the village he's always lived in, with his girlfriend, who he's been with 9 years, who as 12 months left on her degree at a Northern uni, you can talk about transfer fee and so on but Stones also as a lot of say in this and he'll only do what's right for him and his family.

I hope the club accepts an offer and Stones says nar, I aint moving, unlikely IMO, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back