Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has operation Judas commenced yet from L4?

The SKY TV money hits the L4 doormat in Aug so of course "angry" bill can wait till then to give the money to bobby brown shoes..right? I mean as mout has said he makes this all go away with " we are not going to sell him" but has he come out and said this himself in front of the Sky TV cameras?

If Stones goes then for me Bobby might as well be half packing his suitcase given the fixture list he has in the first 10 games.

We will see one more season out of him.

As somebody wrote in the thread, it makes more sense for him to stay here, next year the TV money does filter through and we could command a higher price for him then.

To sell him now, even though the fee is huge would be a big mistake...................if they are good at nothing else, the board seem to do OK with getting the best value for players leaving (apart from Rooney of course).

Yeah here's hoping ;) would love to see him stay for longer but business is business. We need to defo hold out for the biggest fee possible either way. Martinez has also stated we're not a selling club, so I hope he holds to that!

The SKY TV money hits the L4 doormat in Aug so of course "angry" bill can wait till then to give the money to bobby brown shoes..right? I mean as mout has said he makes this all go away with " we are not going to sell him" but has he come out and said this himself in front of the Sky TV cameras?

If Stones goes then for me Bobby might as well be half packing his suitcase given the fixture list he has in the first 10 games.
We already said he's not for sale

Who said the club has to inform the media of anything? It's got nothing to do with them, they just report on it. If the club have rejected an offer from Chelsea that's between the club and Chelsea.

It's Chelsea who obviously prefer to play this out in public. And that's what they've done. As someone previously mentioned, the board are very good at getting the highest possible price for a player.

The internet at it's absolute worst. Mass hysteria.

Can you imagine the Kendall MK III year on GOT?

There I was cheering. If GOT was around then, I'd have been drowned out by a lynch mob of seething neanderthals, all wanting to tell the world their opinion.

Can't wait to support the blues again against Watford.

The internet at it's absolute worst. Mass hysteria.

Can you imagine the Kendall MK III year on GOT?

There I was cheering. If GOT was around then, I'd have been drowned out by a lynch mob of seething neanderthals, all wanting to tell the world their opinion.

Can't wait to support the blues again against Watford.

If this place is so pathetic, why post here?

Get off that pedestal and stop being so damn insulting to other Blues on here. Neanderthals? Ha.

You're also rewriting history above, the fans were very, very vocal - including at Goodison in wanting Kendall out. 3m20s: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/media/everton-fc-review-of-1984-85-season-sportsnight-youtube.33/

Stones has said that he is happy at Everton,
Everton say they are not interested in selling the player.

If that situation stays the same then the player stays.

The Chelsea interest in John Stones didn't suddenly happen overnight. Chelsea know that John Terry has a limited amount of time available. They also know they won a poor league last season, City underperformed hugely, Utd very much a club in transformation and Arsenal...were they were just Arsenal , perennial underperformers.
John Stones and his agent will have known about the Chelsea interest for a long time. I am sure they knew about the bid before Everton did.
I think Chelsea have been told that if they reach an agreement with Everton Stones would be happy to join them, but he is also happy to stay at Everton and Chelsea will no help from the Stones camp to push through a deal.

Mourinho is trying some bullying to force through a deal and I wonder if he actually is allowed by Chelsea to spend the kind of money Everton would want. What has been the biggest signing by Mourinho since he came back to Chelsea ? I expect it was Costa and he was already an experienced proven goalscorer.

In addition , I would expect that Utd, City, the Spanish and German clubs may have an interest if the player were to come on the market.

Stones has said that he is happy at Everton,
Everton say they are not interested in selling the player.

If that situation stays the same then the player stays.

The below is why the player is irrelevant IMO.

Contract length, our depth at CB and the season so close should dictate that he stays put because his value is only going to go one way;

In addition , I would expect that Utd, City, the Spanish and German clubs may have an interest if the player were to come on the market.

If this place is so pathetic, why post here?

Get off that pedestal and stop being so damn insulting to other Blues on here. Neanderthals? Ha.

You're also rewriting history above, the fans were very, very vocal - including at Goodison in wanting Kendall out. 3m20s: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/media/everton-fc-review-of-1984-85-season-sportsnight-youtube.33/

Never said this place was pathetic, did I? I quoted a post and said "This is the internet at it's absolute worst."

Even you must know that some hysterical posts are made on here. As is the norm on the interweb.

Its a strange change of direction from Jose.

He hardly ever buys younger players with loads still to learn, yet here he is looking for another 1 12 months after buying Zouma, very strange.

Its a strange change of direction from Jose.

He hardly ever buys younger players with loads still to learn, yet here he is looking for another 1 12 months after buying Zouma, very strange.

especially for the price. with their financial backing they don't need to buy potential. he could go out and buy a defender in his prime for that amount no risk attached.

especially for the price. with their financial backing they don't need to buy potential. he could go out and buy a defender in his prime for that amount no risk attached.

Im sure all his scouts told him what we already know.

John Stones will go to the very top of the tree, in 3 years, my god, imagine how good that lad is gonna be.

I think this is keeping Chelski in the news. Mourinho is a knee jerk master and the probably wont bid again but will let this fester until January. Meanwhile we need to get ready for the coming season and forget about this crap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back