Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Size Large?

They must really want him given their transfer ban. Hopefully we can loan him back for six months.

9.gif

You know even with all of this going on, (I think its mostly media hype btw) John Stones is the most level headed young player in world football and won't let it phase him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has an even better season than last.

Sky are now reporting that Stones is interested in a move to Chelsea!!!!!!!!! per The Sun.

of course he's interested

he'll have his wages quadrupled, learn from best manager in the league and the best defender in the league and will most likely win a trophy or two in his first season...

if you're not a boyhood evertonian why would you want to turn down that offer ?

If Stones is sold it will be for one of 3 reasons ;

1. The lad wants to go and is "kicking off " a la Sterling - highly unlikely from what we think we know of him.

2. Kenwright is unable to give Martinez the money to buy the players we all know we need ( playmaker , decent back up striker and centre half - 2 if Stones goes ) and the manager decides that he could get those players if he received - say £30 million from the transfer. This begs the question ( yet again ) of why the board with record income are unable to provide reasonable funds. In my opinion we probably need to spend £15 million to bring in a playmaker and then loan the striker and centre half ,surely we should be able to do that financially.

3. The offer becomes just too good to turn down - I don't know say £40 million - which is highly unlikely.

I worry that we will fall into the second scenario.

of course he's interested

he'll have his wages quadrupled, learn from best manager in the league and the best defender in the league and will most likely win a trophy or two in his first season...

if you're not a boyhood evertonian why would you want to turn down that offer ?

I totally agree with you but the bigger question is if he is interested what will he do about it.
Will he act like Lescott or Baines ?

It's a bit cocooo to talk about such sums that you just did.

Mourinho wont go near £40 I think.

Only way it would go there is that if City would be in this too

he probably won't no. but otehrs may in the future with inflation. who knows? if there's a shortage of decent CB's coming through, why not?

Imagine the lovechild of the Michelin Man and fat Heather from Eastenders and you'll have a fairly clear image of what I look like.

Mandy Dingle?

We need more of your type at Goodison. 35,000 of you.

Nobody would ever get back out of the stadium like, but our catering revenues would rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back