Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
especially for the price. with their financial backing they don't need to buy potential. he could go out and buy a defender in his prime for that amount no risk attached.

There arent any good CB's out there in world football. Seriously look at the cbs around now compared to 10 years ago. There is a serious shortage of talent

I hope the club accepts an offer and Stones says nar, I aint moving, unlikely IMO, but there you go.
Haha that'd be great.

Chelsea? Nah lad, Everton are boss.

Honestly though I think he's level headed enough to realise that staying here and being first choice CB is better than bench warming or at best light squad rotation at Chelsea. I'm looking forward to having this exact same discussion after the euros this year.

Haha that'd be great.

Chelsea? Nah lad, Everton are boss.

Honestly though I think he's level headed enough to realise that staying here and being first choice CB is better than bench warming or at best light squad rotation at Chelsea. I'm looking forward to having this exact same discussion after the euros this year.

The Euros, you do realise hes gonna be playing for England, with Roy Hodgson as Manager? Right? Every player that goes to that Euros will come back with their reputation utterly destroyed by the English press.

Well he's a thought - if this is the internet at it's absolute worst consisting of seething neanderthals... consider taking that pedestal of yours to another forum.

As for "even you must know..." Seriously? "even you...". Ha. Typical of your patronising, abrasive and belittling tone towards fellow Blues on here. I'm losing patience with you and recommend you adjust your approach or you'll need to be looking for another place to satisfy your ego.

I fear you're misunderstanding me. Did I say "GOT, is the the internet at it's worst"? Or did I say a particular type of comment (that could be found anywhere else on the interweb) was the worst thing about the internet?

I'm not trying to be abrasive. I wasn't even trying to be condescending with the "even you" bit. It took me about 5 seconds to type out, and not a lot of thought went into it. I was basically just saying that you get a lot of hysteria on the internet.

Not sure why you're threatening to ban me like. I try to stick to the site rules.

I fear you're misunderstanding me. Did I say "GOT, is the the internet at it's worst"? Or did I say a particular type of comment (that could be found anywhere else on the interweb) was the worst thing about the internet?

I'm not trying to be abrasive. I wasn't even trying to be condescending with the "even you" bit. It took me about 5 seconds to type out, and not a lot of thought went into it. I was basically just saying that you get a lot of hysteria on the internet.

Not sure why you're threatening to ban me like. I try to stick to the site rules.

stop-talking.gif

There arent any good CB's out there in world football. Seriously look at the cbs around now compared to 10 years ago. There is a serious shortage of talent
Excellent point. If we did sell Stones for 35 million, who do we replace him with? If we decide to sign a centre half of about Stones' current ability (though below his potential ceiling), we'll probably have to spend 15-20 million anyways since clubs will know how much we got from Chelsea, and as you say there are just so few top quality cbs in the game right now.

So we would lose out on the possibility of Stones potentially becoming world class, will struggle to replace him with anyone of similar ability (realistically someone much older too), and will only be left with about 15 million to strengthen other areas of the squad.

Mo is trying to strong-arm us into making this happen, but it simply doesn't make sense to sell him right now.

yeah, i know. not up to date on the youth scene so don't know how many coming through - but been saying it myself. there's only about 10 decent ones in the world probably.

The Euros, you do realise hes gonna be playing for England, with Roy Hodgson as Manager? Right? Every player that goes to that Euros will come back with their reputation utterly destroyed by the English press.

May that be one of the reasons why we were able to keep Baines and Jags? If so, then it's not such a bad thing from Everton perspective.

It took me about 5 seconds to type out, and not a lot of thought went into it. I was basically just saying that you get a lot of hysteria on the internet.

I see...

Please start putting some thought into your posts, particularly the ones that condemn others as a "lynch mob of seething neanderthals"

Posts which take seconds to make without any thought are typically the ones that can agitate/cause hysteria on the internet, and we don't want that now, do we?

Even you must understand that....

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back