Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm not that bothered if he goes. As I've said before, we will rebuild. I know options are limited in terms of quality CB's, but I'd bet my bollox we would come back stronger!

He's top drawer, there's no doubt about that, and his leaving us in ultimately inevitable, unless we can match his ambitions.

Interesting to see how this'll play out. If he stays - great, absolutely delighted, if he goes, so be it and we get top top funds!

Honestly, I'm not that bothered if he goes. As I've said before, we will rebuild. I know options are limited in terms of quality CB's, but I'd bet my bollox we would come back stronger!

He's top drawer, there's no doubt about that, and his leaving us in ultimately inevitable, unless we can match his ambitions.

Interesting to see how this'll play out. If he stays - great, absolutely delighted, if he goes, so be it and we get top top funds!

Think John deserves better than that. He's shown nothing but professionalism and hasn't made a single sound to suggest he wants to be anywhere other than here.

John Stones will stay at Everton because his Mrs still has 12 months at Uni ???!!!

Do they not have Universities in London ???
Yes but no gaurantee that one close Chelsea does the same course in the same way/level as the one she is currently at. Plus there is all the hassle of moving, making new friends etc - not ideal in your final year when course work tends to get harder and the exams loom.

He has been with her a long time, not that stupid to think her wishes will play a part in his career options.

She from money mate, both him and her would well off even if he wasn't a pro footballer, with this lot it's not about money it's about being the best at what they do, highly motivated people they do what they do because its bread into them, and the money comes later from that.
Do you know her family or something mate?

Yes but no gaurantee that one close Chelsea does the same course in the same way/level as the one she is currently at. Plus there is all the hassle of moving, making new friends etc - not ideal in your final year when course work tends to get harder and the exams loom.

He has been with her a long time, not that stupid to think her wishes will play a part in his career options.
Besides...36ff melons can be bought

Ultimately that line in bold wins the thread. He WILL play for a Champions Club whether it be us or someone else. True he has made no noise about being unhappy, but being content at 21 and 27 are two very different things

I don't think John Stones will leave to go and play for a little club in West London.When he does eventually leave it be for an astronomical fee to a proper big club ie Barca or Real , not fxxxing Fulhams neighbours, cause thats all Chelsea are Fulhams neighbours thats all they ever have been and all they ever will be so Chelsea fxxx off.I hate ya.

The talk for ages has been that the way we're going to get success without spending big is investing in our young players and having enough faith to play them. Well this is the test now. We've done that and we've helped develop a CB that is clearly going to be world class, either the talk was true and we'll keep him, because that's how we're going to compete, or it was all just a distraction from not spending big in other windows and we actually will sell him anyway.

This transfer (and it will happen I'm afraid) will have "undisclosed" stamped all over it. From what I have heard this was hatched a few months ago, once we had disclosed the sell on fee (%) to chelski. They have offered several players on permanents (piazon, who has been shocking on loan with eintracht frankfurt, moses, as well as 2 players on loan, loftus cheek & bamford hence links), to lower the actual cash fee, hence lower the money payable to Barnsley. Us to be fair (or RM) only interested in the youngsters on loan, so now deal is dependent on how much we can chalk off the money we owe chelski for Lukaku. With Stones not pushing for a transfer, it also allows him a bigger share of the money too, however, as you will know Stones not that interested in the cash. Chelsea also don't want the pressure on Stones as the most expensive defender, so complicating the deal with players and repayments will suit them too.This is starting to have all the hallmarks of other recent transfers, going back to the Speed days, of the club manipulating things for their own means - but chelski can't be bothered towing the line. Again why we have to sell can only be answered by Kenwright & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back