Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit unfair to Fellaini, that.

Same Fellaini who mouthed off about us every time he went on international duty, and didn't turn up to a quarter final for us. Made up when he left and his time at United under two managers just shows what an average player he always was. Absolute steal for us getting 27 mill for that fraud.

Is anyone fearing that all this will derail our start to the season?

Our start is difficult enough as it is without all this nonsense.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas all rumoured to be unsettled.

I'm getting flashbacks to the 6-1 Arsenal drubbing when the same happened with Lescott..

Club could come out and say they're not for sale. Only done it for McCarthy so far. The fact they've allowed the Stobes saga to rumble on without comment is worrying.

This transfer (and it will happen I'm afraid) will have "undisclosed" stamped all over it. From what I have heard this was hatched a few months ago, once we had disclosed the sell on fee (%) to chelski. They have offered several players on permanents (piazon, who has been shocking on loan with eintracht frankfurt, moses, as well as 2 players on loan, loftus cheek & bamford hence links), to lower the actual cash fee, hence lower the money payable to Barnsley. Us to be fair (or RM) only interested in the youngsters on loan, so now deal is dependent on how much we can chalk off the money we owe chelski for Lukaku. With Stones not pushing for a transfer, it also allows him a bigger share of the money too, however, as you will know Stones not that interested in the cash. Chelsea also don't want the pressure on Stones as the most expensive defender, so complicating the deal with players and repayments will suit them too.This is starting to have all the hallmarks of other recent transfers, going back to the Speed days, of the club manipulating things for their own means - but chelski can't be bothered towing the line. Again why we have to sell can only be answered by Kenwright & Co.

Where is our board , and Chairman the silence is deafening?

This transfer (and it will happen I'm afraid) will have "undisclosed" stamped all over it. From what I have heard this was hatched a few months ago, once we had disclosed the sell on fee (%) to chelski. They have offered several players on permanents (piazon, who has been shocking on loan with eintracht frankfurt, moses, as well as 2 players on loan, loftus cheek & bamford hence links), to lower the actual cash fee, hence lower the money payable to Barnsley. Us to be fair (or RM) only interested in the youngsters on loan, so now deal is dependent on how much we can chalk off the money we owe chelski for Lukaku. With Stones not pushing for a transfer, it also allows him a bigger share of the money too, however, as you will know Stones not that interested in the cash. Chelsea also don't want the pressure on Stones as the most expensive defender, so complicating the deal with players and repayments will suit them too.This is starting to have all the hallmarks of other recent transfers, going back to the Speed days, of the club manipulating things for their own means - but chelski can't be bothered towing the line. Again why we have to sell can only be answered by Kenwright & Co.
Martinez has already said we dont have to sell

except they have said they wrote to chelsea saying he's not for sale

Who said that? The media have but I haven't heard anyone from Everton. Why would Chelsea be preparing multiple bids if this was true? Stones is not an idiot, he must read the papers, why doesn't he come out and say he's staying?

Same Fellaini who mouthed off about us every time he went on international duty, and didn't turn up to a quarter final for us. Made up when he left and his time at United under two managers just shows what an average player he always was. Absolute steal for us getting 27 mill for that fraud.

The 'mouthing off' happens with Lukaku and Mirallas, also. I think it's just commonplace in the Belgian media. Moyes kept the club in limbo all season long that year so I couldn't exactly blame Fellaini on a personal level about questioning if his future was at Everton.

As for the Wigan game, no one turned up.

Also, 27 mil was great business for us. However, Fellaini was a big part of United getting 4th place this season, so I'd say he's a bit more than average.

Who said that? The media have but I haven't heard anyone from Everton. Why would Chelsea be preparing multiple bids if this was true? Stones is not an idiot, he must read the papers, why doesn't he come out and say he's staying?
as shown by martinez comments on the bid everton don't want to conduct business through the press. if you agree with that tactic or not is a different story.

perhaps we're cutting off our noses to spite our faces, perhaps we should sell, and for a reasonable price too, in order to ensure we still get chelsea's "scraps from the table" so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back