Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing the blind naivety Everton usually operate with it seems unlikely we'd want to screw Barnsley out of what we owe them. Seems even less likely that we'd tKe players in exchange considering I can't remember the last time we made a player exchange transfer. We also are under no financial pressure to sell. Bamford has already gone to Palace too. This is falling apart quite quickly mate.
As I said, we were interested in the youngsters, whether our valuations of having them on loan for a year (in the context of the deal) were seen as "reasonable" by chelsea, might be the reason why this thing did go public as soon as it did. In terms of the source, its more chelsea side, but fairly close to the goings on. Think the deal is more about how much is being taken off the lukaku outstanding debt at the mo. Understand we don't have a track record for player swaps etc, but will be surprised if this ends up a simple cash transaction. I also agree the statements of we don't have to sell have been made - but only time will tell

There's got to be a way to come up with the funds for new contracts for Stones and McCarthy. From a big picture view, it's worth sacrificing the acquisition of a veteran CB and going with Browning and Galloway for a year.

Martinez has to take a large part of the blame for this, has sat around twiddling his thumbs whilst other clubs around us make ambitious signings which could have convinced some of the lads that we can compete at the top. Players like Cabaye, Wijnaldum, Payet, Mitrovic, Ayew all could have massively improved the club whilst we champion the board for getting in a under 21 player who won't feature for the first team, an average squad player on a free and an inconsistent (albeit with big potential) 21 year old who we had 2 seasons ago for a small fee.

Still time to go of course but after last season it was clear we needed to get rid of the deadwood and bring in 2-3 quality additions (the most important being a playmaker) but so far we look absolutely clueless in the market.
Yep blame Martinez for us having no money

because we play fair and square Joe, always have
Where has it ever got us just sagas of a player - other clubs do deals easy we take an age just like these rumours could be squashed by BK over Stones.
I am from the catt years when we just did deals easily both ways - the dreaded ones the sale of bobby Collins, and Alan Ball - I hope we do not reflect on the cheap sale of John Stones in future years to come!

Martinez has to take a large part of the blame for this, has sat around twiddling his thumbs whilst other clubs around us make ambitious signings which could have convinced some of the lads that we can compete at the top. Players like Cabaye, Wijnaldum, Payet, Mitrovic, Ayew all could have massively improved the club whilst we champion the board for getting in a under 21 player who won't feature for the first team, an average squad player on a free and an inconsistent (albeit with big potential) 21 year old who we had 2 seasons ago for a small fee.

Still time to go of course but after last season it was clear we needed to get rid of the deadwood and bring in 2-3 quality additions (the most important being a playmaker) but so far we look absolutely clueless in the market.

You have no idea what Martinez has been doing in terms of working on signings. It doesn't matter if other clubs have made signings, we can't try to buy every player someone else goes for.

Reactions: obc
My favourite Everton song.....

We're the kings of Goodison
We play in Royal Blue
On the ball the Toffeemen
Will play it sweet for you
We play it on the carpet
We play it in the air
Whichever way we play it
We play it fair and square
That's on the pitch we need a ruthless negotiator where's BK - OMG! we are Doomed!lol

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back