Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
...John Cross (journalist) was doing the newspaper review on Talksport yesterday and covered the Stones articles. He said Everton are a brilliantly run club who always get best monies for their talented youngsters.
I heard, he also said that our chairman was a incredibly loyal person and he was most loyal to the fans.

I'm not sure wether you are saying you agree with Cross or not, but I worry for anyone who thinks we are a brilliantly ran football club.

Well the gap hardly gargantuan after one poor season, this time last summer when Southampton were losing players left right and centre do you think their fans expected to do so well? Anything can happen and just because we've had our first backwards step for a long time doesn't mean we've been left behind by the likes of Palace, Swansea...

It was one season, this is a new coming season and we've still got a squad full of good players. Whether or not you have faith in the board surely you can see it was a hiccup last season after they backed the manager in the market to provide the correct funds for a the squad, there's no reason not to expect them to do the same again this summer.
Also if we could hold on to Stones and fetch in a few more players, and get rid of a bit of deadwood we have no Euro cup this year!
so we should have a better season if all goes well!

Does anyone else suspect that kenwright is playing a blinder here, just keeping quiet, dignified, statesmanlike etc ?

Jose and Abramovic won't be used to negotiating at this level, they'll be panicking, questioning what this means, questioning themselves etc. Finally at the appropriate time, Bill will stand proud, erect, unashamed in full view of the watching world to tell them all that Everton are not a selling club, not under his watch, and that Peter Johnson is long gone.

At that point Chelsea will either fold or pay £75M to avoid utter humiliation.
BK is fkn Rambo

Does anyone else suspect that kenwright is playing a blinder here, just keeping quiet, dignified, statesmanlike etc ?

Jose and Abramovic won't be used to negotiating at this level, they'll be panicking, questioning what this means, questioning themselves etc. Finally at the appropriate time, Bill will stand proud, erect, unashamed in full view of the watching world to tell them all that Everton are not a selling club, not under his watch, and that Peter Johnson is long gone.

At that point Chelsea will either fold or pay £75M to avoid utter humiliation.

@nil satis
@bourneblue
@Steve Wigan
@bizzaro
I hope you are right! good point I was posting that thought previously maybe its just bluff!

Well the gap hardly gargantuan after one poor season, this time last summer when Southampton were losing players left right and centre do you think their fans expected to do so well? Anything can happen and just because we've had our first backwards step for a long time doesn't mean we've been left behind by the likes of Palace, Swansea...

It was one season, this is a new coming season and we've still got a squad full of good players. Whether or not you have faith in the board surely you can see it was a hiccup last season after they backed the manager in the market to provide the correct funds for a the squad, there's no reason not to expect them to do the same again this summer.
I understand that but I'm also looking at 3 things the calibre of manager from all 5 clubs mentioned including us, also the recruitment of each team and finally each manager record of scouting the right quality of player.

I still think Chelsea went puplic cause they wanted to be first in the picking order.

We are in strong position here and Chelsea aint liking it. I suspect next bid (after £26m) will be significantly bigger. Loving this.

I understand that but I'm also looking at 3 things the calibre of manager from all 5 clubs mentioned including us, also the recruitment of each team and finally each manager record of scouting the right quality of player.

I think we trump all those clubs on the grounds you mentioned to be honest, and we've also got a better "status" amongst the football fraternity. If we were seriously in competition for a player and not just showing an interest we'd win hands down in a recruitment drive against any of them. One season doesn't put the likes of Palace or Swansea above us in the football pecking order, we might not have the pull of old but we're still head and shoulders above most in the league.

I think we trump all those clubs on the grounds you mentioned to be honest, and we've also got a better "status" amongst the football fraternity. If we were seriously in competition for a player and not just showing an interest we'd win hands down in a recruitment drive against any of them. One season doesn't put the likes of Palace or Swansea above us in the football pecking order, we might not have the pull of old but we're still head and shoulders above most in the league.
I would guess the potential for going down is greater with the four.

Can't believe it being true he wants to go, but in football nothing surprises me anymore,,be gutted but upwards of £35 million and realistically could we say no,,,im not privvy to our finances and as a fan wouldnt want to sell but feeling the board has a figure in mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back