Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we trump all those clubs on the grounds you mentioned to be honest, and we've also got a better "status" amongst the football fraternity. If we were seriously in competition for a player and not just showing an interest we'd win hands down in a recruitment drive against any of them. One season doesn't put the likes of Palace or Swansea above us in the football pecking order, we might not have the pull of old but we're still head and shoulders above most in the league.
I'm not talking about statute but if we lose stones we are gonna go into a season with only 1 CB established in our squad, their may be a Stones replacement but he will have had no time to build up a relationship with Jagielka, and you can't get into the top 6 or 7 after the first 10 games but you can make almost impossible and with our opening games and humiliating lack of investment when we are one of the Richest league in the worlds founder members, I'm not as confident as you.

The way I see it is we have a poor GK, potentially 1 CB with knowledge of how we play (and Martinez isn't renowned for his Defensive signings) a midfield with a horrible lack of creativity sand pace and 1 striker, who I was told by Barry, will almost certainly be off next season.

Can't believe it being true he wants to go, but in football nothing surprises me anymore,,be gutted but upwards of £35 million and realistically could we say no,,,im not privvy to our finances and as a fan wouldnt want to sell but feeling the board has a figure in mind..

did he say he wants to leave?

Can't believe it being true he wants to go, but in football nothing surprises me anymore,,be gutted but upwards of £35 million and realistically could we say no,,,im not privvy to our finances and as a fan wouldnt want to sell but feeling the board has a figure in mind..
Silence if deafening.

If Everton felt confident enough to say Stones is Staying no matter what, surely they would of. It's been 4 days since the bid was made public.

Saturday and the team selection will be interesting.

I'm not talking about statute but if we lose stones we are gonna go into a season with only 1 CB established in our squad, their may be a Stones replacement but he will have had no time to build up a relationship with Jagielka, and you can't get into the top 6 or 7 after the first 10 games but you can make almost impossible and with our opening games and humiliating lack of investment when we are one of the Richest league in the worlds founder members, I'm not as confident as you.

The way I see it is we have a poor GK, potentially 1 CB with knowledge of how we play (and Martinez isn't renowned for his Defensive signings) a midfield with a horrible lack of creativity sand pace and 1 striker, who I was told by Barry, will almost certainly be off next season.
Hence my earlier comments about this being a set up for January.

Chelsea FC

ChelseaFC

Jose says we need a left-back because it looks like we will be selling Filipe Luis in the very near future. #CFCTour

5:24 p.m. - 21 July 2015
giphy.gif

Well I hate to brake it to you like this Ian but Stones hasn't gone anywhere and we're clearly in the market for a couple of players.

It's also worth remembering that the only other club interested in signing John Stones from Barnsley was Wigan, managed by Martinez at the time.

Well I hate to brake it to you like this Ian but Stones hasn't gone anywhere and we're clearly in the market for a couple of players.

It's also worth remembering that the only other club interested in signing John Stones from Barnsley was Wigan, managed by Martinez at the time.
Yep fair point, business should have been done by now for areas where we lack numbers, marquee signings can come at any time, the squad needs bolstering on defence and up front.

Silence if deafening.

If Everton felt confident enough to say Stones is Staying no matter what, surely they would of. It's been 4 days since the bid was made public.

or we already told chelsea no and don't feel the need to do everything through the press. chelsea making everything public is a tactic on their part

There hasn't been any quotes as such and no one else beside story chasing journalists have said this (again no quotes from inside people) but the story is gathering pace and something has to give in the end. If Chelsea reach or go just above the £30 mil then IMO he will be sold. I know we have TV money but so does everyone else and I cannot see us turning that much down. It would have to be used in total to get some players in and make us a bit more pungent in the midfield/attack and a steady replacement at CB. We need some clever players of the piennaar ilk

You were told by Barry? You mean Gareth Barry?

LOL

I was told by Jags, you chat complete wham.

Silence if deafening.

Martinez's press conference will be interesting. He'll have to say "he's not for sale at any price" or he'll pretty much be confirming that this is all a negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back