John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellani never once pushed or came out asking for a move like Lescott. His transfer request was put in a few hours before the window closed and has been reported we asked him to do it. So we could save not paying him a fee of the transfer, fair play to him.
What we learned from that saga was that Fellaini's dad/agent was a bell, Moyes thought he could now piss on us from a great height, Fellaini was a pretty sound lad without anything bad to say about us and didn't throw his toys out of the pram ala Sterling when he could've done to get the media on his side as they love to talk about Everton holding players back.

Fellani never once pushed or came out asking for a move like Lescott. His transfer request was put in a few hours before the window closed and has been reported we asked him to do it. So we could save not paying him a fee of the transfer, fair play to him.

You're right, Fellaini wasn't exactly like Lescott, but ultimately he did hand one in like Lescott. I know what you're saying tho.

You're right, Fellaini wasn't exactly like Lescott, but ultimately he did hand one in like Lescott. I know what you're saying tho.
If I recall correctly, Lescott left as soon as there was serious interest in him. SAF was after Fellaini before Moyes was, he stuck around for a season or two longer before he put in a transfer request.

I expect Barca to come calling next year.
Natural successor to Pique.

Would they be able to outbid a PL team though? Sky TV money is blowing all the other leagues out of the water and IIRC, the Spanish have insisted on a more equitable share of their TV money so Madrid and Barca may not be able to pay the transfer fees they have in the past?

Sunday next
What we learned from that saga was that Fellaini's dad/agent was a bell, Moyes thought he could now piss on us from a great height, Fellaini was a pretty sound lad without anything bad to say about us and didn't throw his toys out of the pram ala Sterling when he could've done to get the media on his side as they love to talk about Everton holding players back.
Fellaini has always behaved with dignity,
But the reason he put in the transfer request was because that was the only way the transfer was going through. He wanted the move to Utd badly and made sure it happened. I am sure any bonuses he may have lost at Everton were more than made up at the Utd side.

There is no blame to him ,we made good money on him, he always tried his best at Everton and I would say the move to Utd has been a modest success at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back