John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be stupid to do that. He's a professional, he has an agent to represent him and it's up to the clubs to discuss.
Yep, if his agent has any sense he will leverage the interest to get a fat contract for Stones, which he fully deserves. No reason for Stones to say anything, it seems like he's fully focused on the current campaign and that's all I want from him.

Can we have a thread mark in here please @mods? @Peter5875 mate who works for Chelsea and tells him stuff has said Chelsea have offered £40m plus £6m add ons.

It's definitely a seminal moment I'd suggest in this transfer saga and should be marked surely as a reference point?

@Woolly Blue

Yep, if his agent has any sense he will leverage the interest to get a fat contract for Stones, which he fully deserves. No reason for Stones to say anything, it seems like he's fully focused on the current campaign and that's all I want from him.

If we turn down subsequent bids and he stays then the lad has to be offered a contract commensurate with being a £30m plus footballer .

If we turn down subsequent bids and he stays then the lad has to be offered a contract commensurate with being a £30m plus footballer .
My belief is he doesn't need to be offered any contract at all until the summer, he is our player until 2019 unless we decide otherwise. If he plays like a 30m pound footballer this season, he deserves to be paid as such. Turning down the bids is a bet that he will be that level of player, not an acknowledgment that he's already at that level.

My belief is he doesn't need to be offered any contract at all until the summer, he is our player until 2019 unless we decide otherwise. If he plays like a 30m pound footballer this season, he deserves to be paid as such. Turning down the bids is a bet that he will be that level of player, not an acknowledgment that he's already at that level.

In my opinion At the very least we should make him aware that an offer is forthcoming in the summer . In my opinion you can't value a player at , say £40m , then say we are going to pay you at £5m because "that's a bet you make it".

If he stays then his conduct this far and out apparent valuation never mind his actual footballing ability means the finances should be addressed .

Can we have a thread mark in here please @mods? @Peter5875 mate who works for Chelsea and tells him stuff has said Chelsea have offered £40m plus £6m add ons.

It's definitely a seminal moment I'd suggest in this transfer saga and should be marked surely as a reference point?

@Woolly Blue

Sorry mate, I'm not really up to speed with what's going on here. Mod central shows that Peter's in Gulag for a week though. I don't think he's important enough to warrant a threadmark though.

Inconsequential is the word I'd use for him.

Why should the lad say he's not interested in Chelsea , he'd be mad not to be interested wouldn't he ? Regardless of that what if we then accept a bid he may have burnt his bridges , he's just keeping his had down and playing and surely deserves credit for that .

I would be more worried if it was United, didn't he support them as a youngster?

He might be mad to pass in terms of the medals potential they can offer and the coin, but i actually think he can do better than Chelsea himself if he hangs on for 12 months, if so everyone will be a winner. The player, Everton with a massive fee, Barnsley with a nice cut.

In my opinion At the very least we should make him aware that an offer is forthcoming in the summer . In my opinion you can't value a player at , say £40m , then say we are going to pay you at £5m because "that's a bet you make it".

If he stays then his conduct this far and out apparent valuation never mind his actual footballing ability means the finances should be addressed .

I am fairly sure that Everton will have discussed the future contract situation with John

I would be more worried if it was United, didn't he support them as a youngster?

He might be mad to pass in terms of the medals potential they can offer and the coin, but i actually think he can do better than Chelsea himself if he hangs on for 12 months, if so everyone will be a winner. The player, Everton with a massive fee, Barnsley with a nice cut.

Better than the current champions managed by a bloke rated by many as the top manager in Europe ?

If you don't use medals or money what's your criteria for choosing a club ?

I don't want the lad to go but if I was at Everton with no emotional
Connection I'd be thinking long and hard about the prospect .

Exactly. His silence is deafening to me...

His lack of handing in a transfer request to force the move, ala Lescott & Fellaini, also speaks volumes.

Baines said nothing and stayed.

There's no reason for Stones to say anything. What happens if he says his peace, then the club accepts a £50m bid for him? He'd be in a bad position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back