John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo are saying:
reports of Chelsea's new bid for John Stones - in which they offer Juan Cuadrado.

Can't remember the last deal between prem sides that included a player trade with cash. It just doesn't happen anymore. The media like to peddle them but they never happen, think Gallas swap for Cole was the last one I can remember. Why would Martinez want Cuadrado in the deal when he knows full well he has no desire to play for Everton. The media would also love a 20 mill plus Victor Moses deal. They never happen! Just lazy journalism.

Can't remember the last deal between prem sides that included a player trade with cash. It just doesn't happen anymore. The media like to peddle them but they never happen, think Gallas swap for Cole was the last one I can remember. Why would Martinez want Cuadrado in the deal when he knows full well he has no desire to play for Everton. The media would also love a 20 mill plus Victor Moses deal. They never happen! Just lazy journalism.
The Echo. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I thought the stories were suggesting loan deals as opposed to permanent contracts

Thing is, they are a) not reporting it, just repeating a story in the Telegraph and b) the original story was talking about Cuadrado being one of three players who would be available on loan to sweeten any deal. But now we get the GOT Chinese whispers and it's all fume and lazy journalism and in the meantime the media sites and any football forums and blogs and Twitter just lay back and enjoy the hits and the mistaken (or otherwise) clicks on their ads and think 'job done'.

Thing is, they are a) not reporting it, just repeating a story in the Telegraph and b) the original story was talking about Cuadrado being one of three players who would be available on loan to sweeten any deal. But now we get the GOT Chinese whispers and it's all fume and lazy journalism and in the meantime the media sites and any football forums and blogs and Twitter just lay back and enjoy the hits and the mistaken (or otherwise) clicks on their ads and think 'job done'.
apart from any I've made, this is the most sensible post I've read in this thread.

;)

There is every need for a new contract the four year thing means nothing in relation to what the club think he is worth . If Everton really think he is what they say about him then I for one would have thought a new and more lucrative contract would have been muted by his agents some months ago irrespective his representatives will be wanting to see signs and that would be a contract probably at least double what he is on and is that do able?

The issue isn't around money coming in its the issue around wage growth in relation to FFP . The number of players who have seen new contracts, the players coming in and onto Evertons payroll and the lack of real commercial growth which would support that wage growth over the allowable sum means makes it a far more difficult balancing act than some think

I'm not saying don't offer him a new deal. I'm saying we don't need to be rushed in to it by his agent or Chelsea. We're in charge here drives. If his performance continues till Oct-Nov, offer him a new deal. Signed before Jan. Job done.

Yes it's doable. He's on about 30k isn't he?

The squad has reduced this year and there will be deadwood off the wage bill at the end of this year.

The future is developing and purchasing youth, then rewarding them when they do well. Not paying Phil Neville 75k a week throughout his 30s.

goodbye john x.webp

How many times can we say he is not for sale and they just keep coming back.
Not one journo has come out with a "Everton stand strong against Chelsea" or " Stones shows class and dignity by getting on with it" etc etc
Completely different turning point to the Sterling scenario were they had every pundit saying he should stay and he's a money grabbing bell!

Makes me think this might not turn out well with the amount of outlets (including some evertonians....andy gray) keen for him to go to Chelsea and apart from a few (non evertonian.....Jamie carragher) people, its like a national persuit

it could all stop if John himself says he doesn't want to go though couldn't it ??.

He's not going to do that because he probably does quite fancy getting a massive pay rise, a huge signing on fee and playing for the champions. There's a massive difference between not saying anything and actively seeking a move though. If he keeps his head down and plays well for us that's as good as saying he doesn't want to leave in my opinion.

it could all stop if John himself says he doesn't want to go though couldn't it ??.
Doubt the club would be happy with him commenting,I imagine they are happier with the manager dealing with any comments on transfer speculation.His performance level probably says more than words could anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back