John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are another day closer to the close of the deadline and there still is not the slightest hint from John Stones(publicly) that he wants to move away from Everton or wants to move to Chelsea.

If you think back to when Joleon Lescott did eventually force his move to City it was a saga that dragged on for weeks. I remember he even sowed the seeds at the start of the summer just before he went on holidays.

If John Stones really does want to leave(and there is no sensible suggestion that he does) against the wishes of the club I would have expected the campaign to force a move through would have already started.

When you say a player is not for sale it has to be enforced if your club is to have any ambition whatsoever....letting him go for what really is a measly £40m would be an utter travesty

In regards to the silence from John Stones, the general rule of thumb with things like this is that players do not get involved at all, in what has turned out to be a soap opera like drama.

In regards to the silence from John Stones, the general rule of thumb with things like this is that players do not get involved at all, in what has turned out to be a soap opera like drama.

Why should he get involved ? Stones probably does want to go , isn't that reasonable ? The player isn't a boyhood blue not that that stopped a few agitating to leave in the past and hasn't even been here that long. Yet he's behaved really well and maintained a dignified silence .

Why should the lad say he's not interested in Chelsea , he'd be mad not to be interested wouldn't he ? Regardless of that what if we then accept a bid he may have burnt his bridges , he's just keeping his had down and playing and surely deserves credit for that .

I don't think we should sell Stones.

We should build rather than empty, celebrate our talent rather than treat it as chaff and thus we will go on to greater things.

I think the 'idea' behind the 'if Stones ask for a transfer' was to attempt to make him saying something, so they could twist it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back