John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is never a right price when it comes to selling our best players.

The fact that chairmen and boards across the country think that there is is what is ruining the game. There's plenty of money out there from Sky for teams like us to not have to sell. If more teams took a stance like ours it could be good for the game.

Agree with this, I can understand the likes of Spurs selling bale for almost 100 million and RS selling Saurez for 80 million
But do Southampton need the 20 million they got for sneidelin?
Did they need the money for lallana?

If he is still here at Sept 1st then a new contract will be signed shortly after for probably a four year term. It won't strengthen the clubs hand in any way but will give a bigger income to Stones imo.

It all comes back to John Stones...what does he want to do ?

As long they reinvest it back into the squad I am all for it...

That seemed to go horribly for Liverpool and Spurs, and we can't afford to pay overinflated fees all over the show.

I'd rather buy a replacement centre back then spend the rest trying to buy tons of boss youngsters. Just by virtue of sheer numbers we'll get a few turning out to be ace, in a united beckham era type scenario

We could probably then also do a Chelsea, selling the ones who don't quite make it for healthy profits.

That seemed to go horribly for Liverpool and Spurs, and we can't afford to pay overinflated fees all over the show.

I'd rather buy a replacement centre back then spend the rest trying to buy tons of boss youngsters. Just by virtue of sheer numbers we'll get a few turning out to be ace, in a united beckham era type scenario

We could probably then also do a Chelsea, selling the ones who don't quite make it for healthy profits.

don't we already have tonnes of boss youngsters?
If we sell our most bossest of boss youngsters then surely that will show the bigger clubs we are willing to sell said boss youngsters

don't we already have tonnes of boss youngsters?
If we sell our most bossest of boss youngsters then surely that will show the bigger clubs we are willing to sell said boss youngsters

No, at the minute we have plenty of boss youngsters, we'd need at least 5 more to push that into the realm of tonnes.

I wouldn't sell Stones at any price, as I've said before in here, but then it's not up to me so I'm working on what I'd do if he was sold. Which is also not up to me.

Agree with this, I can understand the likes of Spurs selling bale for almost 100 million and RS selling Saurez for 80 million
But do Southampton need the 20 million they got for sneidelin?
Did they need the money for lallana?

they didnt. but lallana,clyne, schneiderlin, lambert etc been playing at southampton for years and were established players - they needed to move on. im pretty sure they were desperate to join liverpool or man united - but they're not spoilt brats like Sterling who kick up a fuss in the media.

i dont think stones is desperate to join chelsea .... yet ... still very young both in age and in how many games he's played, im sure he realises this is the best place for him to develop

plus without being arrogant there is a difference in playing for an esteemed club like everton, who in recent times have been regular top 6, and playing for southampton who were in league one not so long ago

to expand on the point, i think we all know deep down stones wont be hear forever, we would need to be serious title contenders in the next couple of years to keep him

I see we are linked with at least four centre backs at the moment, I know we need one for cover for Distan , and Alcaraz, but all of a sudden we are being linked everwhere just so the media can assume is deffo going!
I otherwords they need to fill a space in for a story!

I see we are linked with at least four centre backs at the moment, I know we need one for cover for Distan , and Alcaraz, but all of a sudden we are being linked everwhere just so the media can assume is deffo going!
I otherwords they need to fill a space in for a story!

The logic of some of these journalists as well, they will probably add all the transfer fees involved up in these rumours so far and any more to to come and the magic number will be 35 million... So you know what that means...!

Me too, but when you consider some of the players linked to us, if we got them due to the sale of Stonsey then it's one hell of a consolation!

Just imagine Yarmalenko, Song and the like in the Blue shirt....
To be honest TT I'd rather see them players come in without weakening the first team,like I said even with 40m after Barnsley get a cut and we replaced Stones we wouldnt be left with enough to purchase anything like the players you quote

On Everton newsnow its getting so silly a centre back is popping up everywhere as a replacement for John Stones lazy journalism one hopes. the sooner Sept the 1st comes the better, and Stonesy is still with us , and we sign three players!

I can almost see a situation where we don't sell, and other clubs start to do the same.

Already started. Spurs with Bale and the Sh*te with the Rat is possibly the best thing that's happened for "smaller" clubs in recent years.
The fees received by those two clubs were records for them, and world record in Bales case, and the players actually ended up at the two biggest clubs in the land at present, instead of a declining United and an also ran Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back