John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

If Chelsea make the right bid....we will sell...
Agreed, this board would sell their arses for money

We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

If Chelsea make the right bid....we will sell...

That's fine. But the 'right bid' at this moment in time feels like it has to be north of £50m at this point, or it is simply not worth selling the player.

Right price is very hard to define due to his potential.

He's great now, worth maybe 30m.

If he fufills his potential at Chelsea and helps them win five league titles and two champions leagues as captain. What's that worth?

If he stays with us and guides us back to the top tier, say we win the league with him as captain just once over the next ten years and regularly qualify for the champions league. What's that worth?

What if England win a trophy with him starring? What's that worth to the club he's at?

I'd say he's worth more to us than he is to them. They can sign a centre half of similar quality or near enough and have a chance of achieving their goals. I very much doubt we can. Even with 70-80m to spend, Liverpool and Tottenham have shown it probably won't work.

Got to keep him for as long as possible. Offer him a new contract next year that gives him 50% of the value of the transfer fee if he stays for three years or more. Takes money out the equation, he'll earn more staying with us than leaving and we get a chance at being great.

Far too many ifs in there

He is worth about £30million for that's what has been offered. £30 million players are paid far more than £30k a week indeed it's said that a free transfer player already at Everton is worth some £50 k a week.

I think it's highly unlikely that Everton will be making regular CL appearances over the next 10 years indeed the wealth generated by the regular top five finishers and FFP means it's near enough a closed shop

The key to all this is a new contract and yes I know that some say he isn't interested in money but he is a professional footballer who by just saying he is interested will be paid a vast signing on fee and see his wages jump probably four fold. All professional footballers will push for a better contract

Put quite simply Everton will need to find an additional million or so from what is no doubt already a fast growing wage bill to show commitment for words will not be enough to convince him to stay

For me this could be put to bed or at least put on the back burner for at least a year,is to get a new contract signed and until one is then anything can and probably will happen

How much is Stones on per week at the moment? Do we know? How much do you think he will be on if we reject a £40m bid for him?

Far too many ifs in there

He is worth about £30million for that's what has been offered. £30 million players are paid far more than £30k a week indeed it's said that a free transfer player already at Everton is worth some £50 k a week.

I think it's highly unlikely that Everton will be making regular CL appearances over the next 10 years indeed the wealth generated by the regular top five finishers and FFP means it's near enough a closed shop

The key to all this is a new contract and yes I know that some say he isn't interested in money but he is a professional footballer who by just saying he is interested will be paid a vast signing on fee and see his wages jump probably four fold. All professional footballers will push for a better contract

Put quite simply Everton will need to find an additional million or so from what is no doubt already a fast growing wage bill to show commitment for words will not be enough to convince him to stay

For me this could be put to bed or at least put on the back burner for at least a year,is to get a new contract signed and until one is then anything can and probably will happen

Of course there are a lot of ifs. I don't have a crystal ball. He's worth more than 30m to Everton.

There's no way he a contract negotiation will take place before the window shuts. And there's no need to. He's got four years on his deal.

In addition, finding an extra million for one of your best players shouldn't be a problem due to sky.

Of course there are a lot of ifs. I don't have a crystal ball. He's worth more than 30m to Everton.

There's no way he a contract negotiation will take place before the window shuts. And there's no need to. He's got four years on his deal.

In addition, finding an extra million for one of your best players shouldn't be a problem due to sky.

There is every need for a new contract the four year thing means nothing in relation to what the club think he is worth . If Everton really think he is what they say about him then I for one would have thought a new and more lucrative contract would have been muted by his agents some months ago irrespective his representatives will be wanting to see signs and that would be a contract probably at least double what he is on and is that do able?

The issue isn't around money coming in its the issue around wage growth in relation to FFP . The number of players who have seen new contracts, the players coming in and onto Evertons payroll and the lack of real commercial growth which would support that wage growth over the allowable sum means makes it a far more difficult balancing act than some think

If he goes I'm hoping it won't be on the last day once we've got all our incoming signings. I'll be paying for a plane with a banner myself if that happens.

How much is Stones on per week at the moment? Do we know? How much do you think he will be on if we reject a £40m bid for him?
Stones would know any new contact for Chelsea would be higher if he had been sold for 20 million - I still think he may stay 40 million sounds a lot for us but its not by the time you pay agents, Stones signing on fee, and of course Barnsley's cut! we woul be lucky to see 28 million!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back