John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-0-1C9133F100000578-506_634x479.jpg
One of my favourite games from John was the match he played with the huge bandage covering that cut
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

If Chelsea make the right bid....we will sell...
NOT......FOR ....SALE very easy to understand that.

We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

If Chelsea make the right bid....we will sell...

You're Ian Wright, aren't you?

@the esk

I agree every player has a price,if Chelsea offer enough Im sure the board would persuade Bobby that it would be in the clubs best
interests to accept,but what price would you consider to be right?£40 whats Barnsleys cut around 10 of that?
Leaving £30m to buy 2 new centre halfs
Stop tryin to play Football Manager lad....the manager has stated more than once he is NOT FOR SALE.
So lets leave it at that, too many thinking "we can get player x& y " I'd sooner keep the best young centre half in Europe than sell him and get couple of players
"That can do a job" seeing anything less playing for us whilst my stomach churns seeing Stones play for a bunch of Chavs I couldnt handle.
Whatever happened to Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Some need reminding what that actually means.

Stop tryin to play Football Manager lad....the manager has stated more than once he is NOT FOR SALE.
So lets leave it at that, too many thinking "we can get player x& y " I'd sooner keep the best young centre half in Europe than sell him and get couple of players
"That can do a job" seeing anything less playing for us whilst my stomach churns seeing Stones play for a bunch of Chavs I couldnt handle.
Whatever happened to Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Some need reminding what that actually means.
I think you need to read the whole thread,show me where I advocate selling him,I was asking whats considered the right price and stating that £40m certainly isnt,and I certainly dont need reminfing what NSNO stands for

I think you need to read the whole thread,show me where I advocate selling him,I was asking whats considered the right price and stating that £40m certainly isnt,and I certainly dont need reminfing what NSNO stands for

Right price is very hard to define due to his potential.

He's great now, worth maybe 30m.

If he fufills his potential at Chelsea and helps them win five league titles and two champions leagues as captain. What's that worth?

If he stays with us and guides us back to the top tier, say we win the league with him as captain just once over the next ten years and regularly qualify for the champions league. What's that worth?

What if England win a trophy with him starring? What's that worth to the club he's at?

I'd say he's worth more to us than he is to them. They can sign a centre half of similar quality or near enough and have a chance of achieving their goals. I very much doubt we can. Even with 70-80m to spend, Liverpool and Tottenham have shown it probably won't work.

Got to keep him for as long as possible. Offer him a new contract next year that gives him 50% of the value of the transfer fee if he stays for three years or more. Takes money out the equation, he'll earn more staying with us than leaving and we get a chance at being great.

He was wrong to respond to you with that, I'm guessing he meant to respond to the poster who said "we ARE a selling club." everything he said was a spot on response to the many people in this thread who have already accepted that he will be sold, despite every indication from the team saying otherwise.

There is never a right price when it comes to selling our best players.

The fact that chairmen and boards across the country think that there is is what is ruining the game. There's plenty of money out there from Sky for teams like us to not have to sell. If more teams took a stance like ours it could be good for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back