John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
They feel they're right...holding up the club motto and all that. Problem is they don't live by it themselves because they light fire to their own testicles every day over nonsense.

Club motto of nothing but the best, but they want to replace the best with a few mediore players at an over inflated price.

There's no FIFA cheat codes in the real world lads.

Other than that complete bell Any Gray. You know he was hero of mine, along with Adrian Heath. I still follow Inch'y career, still love the little man, as for Gray, I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.

He is 'certain' Stones will be a Chelsea player, and better off for it, by the end of the month. Koff Gray.

Did Peter Reid not fall foul of certain inmates hereabouts a couple weeks ago by suggesting the same thing as Andy?

I keep saying he will stay in my heart, but my head says this is Everton and we have form of selling people last minute.
In the past this is true. But such was transacted for working capital purposes. The present TV money has eliminated working capital issues. Growth/investment capital is become present issue. And I cannot equate selling our best, (and the Leagues best), players with addressing the latter.

All our record sales have either come on last day of the window or very close to it.

Rooney
Arteta
Lescott
Fellani

And now possibly the one to break our sales record to come soon.

To be honest, Moonin, only one of thiose came as a shock.

Leastways my flabber was gasted the day wee Mikky left.

The other three had been the subject of speculation and haggling for weeks beforehand.

I
I keep saying he will stay in my heart, but my head says this is Everton and we have form of selling people last minute.
don't think he will be sold at the last minute next week will be pivital If higher bids tempt Stones to say he wants to put in a transfer request - I still think he won't , and in my heart I hope he stays!

The one thing thats making me think he will stay i the fact Bobby is adamant the lad id not leaving,I think if the board at any intention
of selling they would advise him to keep quiet on the matter,different scenerio if Stones pushes for the move

Chelsea willing to bid £40m but waiting to see if he'll ask for a move. Does this mean anything under £40m is the fault of Stones?

I hope not. I still think he is in full journo mode these days but never sure how much guys like Reid, Sharp and him might trade solid info. That said I am banking on the fact that the key players in this are Martinez and Stones. First one is clearly miffed by Chelski and knows he will struggle to replace Stones so money is almost irrelevant to him. Second one seems not to want to kick up a fuss otherwise would have done so already. Fingers crossed. I am in the keep him camp. Potentially a great player and I would gamble on him being worth more as time goes on so resist temptation to cash in now.
Hope so that Pratt is a red anyways Stevie G- bah!
Got kicked off Sky deserved to as well!

I liken Sparky Hughes to Julius Caesar...he is creating an Empire...the oatcakes have become formidable force. The SKY5 cheer leaders will not be happy

He is a visionary, he is questioning the need for two centerbacks and contemplating having one so he can play with two number ten's.

He is the Damien Hirst of football management.

He is a visionary, he is questioning the need for two centerbacks and contemplating having one so he can play with two number ten's.

He is the Damien Hirst of football management.
Could not agree more. And can I just add, your detailing the byzantine transfer activities of Stoke during this window, have been hugely appreciated ; massive kudos to you and your Potter contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back