John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even if Chelsea offer £40m now, we should turn it down....

1. Its now too late for us for this transfer to go through....we'd now be rushing through our own transfer deals and overspending in the process.

2. Any replacement for stones would take time to settle into our team (our upcoming fixtures are tough enough as it is), and we won't find anyone who's as comfortable playing Martinez style of football.....this one transfer would easily cost us any chance of competing for top 4....

3. We already have to replace Distin.

4. He'll be worth more next summer...

5. Chelsea have been total w**kers...

Even if Chelsea offer £40m now, we should turn it down....

1. Its now too late for us for this transfer to go through....we'd now be rushing through our own transfer deals and overspending in the process.

2. Any replacement for stones would take time to settle into our team (our upcoming fixtures are tough enough as it is), and we won't find anyone who's as comfortable playing Martinez style of football.....this one transfer would easily cost us any chance of competing for top 4....

3. We already have to replace Distin.

4. He'll be worth more next summer...

5. Chelsea have been total w**kers...

All our record sales have either come on last day of the window or very close to it.

Rooney
Arteta
Lescott
Fellani

And now possibly the one to break our sales record to come soon.

All our record sales have either come on last day of the window or very close to it.

Rooney
Arteta
Lescott
Fellani

And now possibly the one to break our sales record to come soon.

Do you think he'll actually leave though mate?

I can almost see a situation where we don't sell, and other clubs start to do the same.

I mean all a transfer guarantees is Champions League footy, and when they draw the groups all the English teams are hoping for easy groups.

Is getting knocked out by Real Madrid in the last 16 really worth it? I don't know.

you being the expert on that eh?

what's wrong in saying cuadrado is a really good player who will improve the first 11? If we were in for him from Italy a year ago he would be called a marquee signing considering his stock was high. so you would be talking out your arse if you wouldn't want him at Everton.

remember me 50 million De bruyne wasn't played by Chelsea either, or top scorer lukaku to name a couple

FFS. Why do we have these sort of fans.

Do you think he'll actually leave though mate?

I can almost see a situation where we don't sell, and other clubs start to do the same.

I mean all a transfer guarantees is Champions League footy, and when they draw the groups all the English teams are hoping for easy groups.

Is getting knocked out by Real Madrid in the last 16 really worth it? I don't know.

I keep saying he will stay in my heart, but my head says this is Everton and we have form of selling people last minute.

What worries me is Andy Gray he is adamant stones will be sold has he got insider knowledge?
I hope not. I still think he is in full journo mode these days but never sure how much guys like Reid, Sharp and him might trade solid info. That said I am banking on the fact that the key players in this are Martinez and Stones. First one is clearly miffed by Chelski and knows he will struggle to replace Stones so money is almost irrelevant to him. Second one seems not to want to kick up a fuss otherwise would have done so already. Fingers crossed. I am in the keep him camp. Potentially a great player and I would gamble on him being worth more as time goes on so resist temptation to cash in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back