John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/everton-to-be-offered-three-exciting-players/

Everton to be offered three exciting players
According to every Everton supporters favourite journalist Matt Law of the Telegraph, Everton will be offered the choice of three players if they ever decide to sell John Stones.

Chelsea’s favourite sports reporter Law says that Everton could be offered Victor Moses, Bertrand Traore or Juan Cuadrado if the club change their mind and cash in on the England player.

Everton have repeatedly told Chelsea that Stones isn’t for sale and rejected a £30m bid for the player yesterday, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho seems to have ignored that and will push on with attempts to sign the defender.
Those are not exciting players.

Put Hazard in and we'll talk.

He might be a legend but Andy Gray can suck a fat one with his optimism:

"I would be amazed if, at the end of August, John Stones is still at Everton," Gray told talkSPORT.

"It is still a work in progress for Roberto Martinez and if the bid is £35m to £40m I don’t think Everton can turn that down."

"I would be very surprised if Roberto hasn’t got something set up should the deal happen so he is ready to move when it does – and I think he will be ready."

I heard that, thing is this is what everyone in the media is saying, so he is no different in that sense, but since he once played for us it might of been nice if he offered no opinion on the subject this time.
Still a Everton legend, just wish he would stay off the radio at times.

Bertrand Traore - not even a household name in his own house.
Moses - forty years in the wilderness for a good reason
Cuadrado - one reasonable game in the World Cup and a total failure since.

Only Hazard is fit to lace John Stones' boots.

"I would be amazed if, at the end of August, John Stones is still at Everton," Gray told talkSPORT.

"It is still a work in progress for Roberto Martinez and if the bid is £35m to £40m I don’t think Everton can turn that down."

"I would be very surprised if Roberto hasn’t got something set up should the deal happen so he is ready to move when it does – and I think he will be ready."
This is a joke, by someone who is not at all clued in to what is going on at the club. We need a centre back whether Stones goes or not. If Stones goes we need two. If we have got someone lined up why haven't we bought them already?

I know it might seem different now, 20 years on, but Johnson only actually sold 2 of our best players -

Gary Speed - who wanted out in the middle of the season because he allegedly was very upset with Kendall (we all know the story), and Duncan Ferguson, who he sold without the managers consent.

Johnson wasn't very good, but he also sanctioned the purchases of Amokachi, Kanchelskis and Barmby, breaking the club's transfer record 3 times, and also paid for the building of the mega store.

He had his major faults but Kenwright in his own way hasn't been that much better in certain ways, as under Kenwright we've seen Jeffers, Ball, Barmby, Hutchinson, Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell and Fellaini all get sold. Again to be fair, Kenwright has his good points too.

Don't want to turn this into a board thread but just pointing out Johnson didn't sell a good player every year, that's more Kenwright's thing.[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong but who did Kenwright sell that didn't want to go?

I think the Funes deal is a good sign Stones isn't going anywhere. It's the exact type of signing we would see as reinforcements. If we were planning on parting ways with Stones, surely we would have spent more than 5 million euros on his replacement.

I think the Funes deal is a good sign Stones isn't going anywhere. It's the exact type of signing we would see as reinforcements. If we were planning on parting ways with Stones, surely we would have spent more than 5 million euros on his replacement.

Not really mate - we needed a third defender anyway. If Stones left another would come in for sure.

Fairly sure it'd be van Dijk; the fact he hasn't moved anywhere yet is one of the only factors which makes me think Stones might go.

amazing how the views of the fans of both teams, the betting and the mood coming from both clubs are in contradiction to the views of all the ex players Talksport and BBC drag up for comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back