John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been watching Leon Osman on BT. An interesting qoute he made was that Everton are not a selling club and this makes it attractive for players coming in. He said we wouldnt attract players if our best players were being sold.

Damn papers full fo Chelsea again today, sickening. They wont be happy until they can print the big headline. Sod off Stones is not for sale.

Another aspect which does my head in, Is that this is the way Chelsea, Arsenal and two Mancs stay at the top, keep buying players and buggar all the other clubs. Just do not get in their way of staying at the top and raking the cash in.

I agree, it's a sad state of affairs but that's football. We did the same to Barnsley when we bought him. It happens at all levels. It's a shame but I think he will go. I can only hope we reinvest the money in strengthening the squad.

They way the media have gone on in the papers about this being in done deal is pathetic, i hope when he stays and they all realize he has made fools of them they don't start to pick him apart first chance they get. Watch him put a foot wrong for England and get crucified....etc

article-0-1C9133F100000578-506_634x479.jpg

Just been watching Leon Osman on BT. An interesting qoute he made was that Everton are not a selling club and this makes it attractive for players coming in. He said we wouldnt attract players if our best players were being sold.

We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

If Chelsea make the right bid....we will sell...

We ARE a selling club, people need to except this......but here's the thing, so is every other club......no matter who you are, if the right money is offered, every club sells....United lost Ronaldo....Liverpool lost Suarez & Sterling....Arsenal lost Fabregas.....Spurs lost Bale.....Chelsea would sell Hazard tomorrow if the money was right....

I agree every player has a price,if Chelsea offer enough Im sure the board would persuade Bobby that it would be in the clubs best
interests to accept,but what price would you consider to be right?£40 whats Barnsleys cut around 10 of that?
Leaving £30m to buy 2 new centre halfs

The difference is, if the board can be <cough> believed, we're in a much better position so we don't have to drop our knickers for the first fella to glance our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back