John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how all the news about Stones handing in a transfer request are coming from London. The posh self absorbed scumbags. He looks quite content at Everton Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that.

I reckon they are making it up, when Felliani did it we all pretty much knew by then he was going, Everton were happy with the price and happy to let him go, same with Lescott, but this time there is nothing coming direct from the Stones camp, nothing.

I reckon they are making it up, when Felliani did it we all pretty much knew by then he was going, Everton were happy with the price and happy to let him go, same with Lescott, but this time there is nothing coming direct from the Stones camp, nothing.
Preach my good man. Couldn't agree more!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...after-arrival-of-spanish-winger-10464668.html
The urgency with which the Pedro deal was completed this week reflects the club’s belief that they were too slow to add new faces this summer, and have been punished for it with one point from their first two games. There is a will to make further signings, beyond that of John Stones from Everton, to make sure that Jose Mourinho has a highly-competitive squad to take into the season post-transfer window.

Stones will only be signed if the player is himself prepared to push to leave Everton, with Chelsea having raised their bid to £30m - what they believe is a fair price for the 21-year-old. In the past they have walked away from deals, most notably Wayne Rooney, when the impetus was not there from the player.

We can pick and choose what we want to believe from the papers but if true that is encouraging. I have it at 90% staying now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...after-arrival-of-spanish-winger-10464668.html
The urgency with which the Pedro deal was completed this week reflects the club’s belief that they were too slow to add new faces this summer, and have been punished for it with one point from their first two games. There is a will to make further signings, beyond that of John Stones from Everton, to make sure that Jose Mourinho has a highly-competitive squad to take into the season post-transfer window.

Stones will only be signed if the player is himself prepared to push to leave Everton, with Chelsea having raised their bid to £30m - what they believe is a fair price for the 21-year-old. In the past they have walked away from deals, most notably Wayne Rooney, when the impetus was not there from the player.

What does this actually means though? Are they going to up their bid? It seems to imply that they think £30m is enough but we already rejected that.

He won't be pushing for that move imo LL which makes the independent article pure bull and @MACCA75 you are spot on mate. The absolute level of pure bull reported is getting worse week on week, month on month and year by year. I'm still not sure how the bellends aren't held accountable for the crap they post.

Saying that, it goes for life, politics, celebrities etc the rags have always been awful for news so why would it be any different for reporting news about players we love playing for our club. Tits of the highest order
Tbh Sam Wallace is reasonably reliable from what I recall. One scenario that might make sense is that Everton has always said he isn't for sale this window and that Chelsea had hoped that a public pursuit would turn his head and make him ask for the move thus forcing the club's hand. It would go some way to explaining their unusually aggressive tactics, which they last used for Rooney who was similarly stated as not for sale by United. This could be Chelsea's last attempt to see if Stones will push it, thus triggering bid in the mid 30s, before they move onto other targets for the window.

Might be all wrong and the club just have a price tag on him that Cheslea are trying to avoid paying - guess we'll see.

That's fine. But the 'right bid' at this moment in time feels like it has to be north of £50m at this point, or it is simply not worth selling the player.

I agree.....its too late for us to sell now...and Stones' value is only gonna increase this season....unless Stones puts in a transfer request, we shouldn't even be answering phone calls from Chelsea anymore....

I still think Martinez would not have been so strong in repeatedly saying he's not for sale if there was a chance of him going, either through Kenwright telling Martinez what the amount would be that they couldn't turn down, or Stones himself telling Martinez he wanted out.

A lot of this 'he wants the move' stuff is London media convincing themselves that the almighty Chelsea are every players dream to play for.

He won't be pushing for that move imo LL which makes the independent article pure bull and @MACCA75 you are spot on mate. The absolute level of pure bull reported is getting worse week on week, month on month and year by year. I'm still not sure how the bellends aren't held accountable for the crap they post.

I think they are being held accountable, mac.

By the fact that newspaper sales have plummeted and hardly anyone reads them no moah.

So they resort to the type of clickbait we are witnessing in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

The only place I ever read about the stuff they say is on here.

No one I come across in day to day life discusses what the papers say these days.

Tbh Sam Wallace is reasonably reliable from what I recall. One scenario that might make sense is that Everton has always said he isn't for sale this window and that Chelsea had hoped that a public pursuit would turn his head and make him ask for the move thus forcing the club's hand. It would go some way to explaining their unusually aggressive tactics, which they last used for Rooney who was similarly stated as not for sale by United. This could be Chelsea's last attempt to see if Stones will push it, thus triggering bid in the mid 30s, before they move onto other targets for the window.

Might be all wrong and the club just have a price tag on him that Cheslea are trying to avoid paying - guess we'll see.

Nope your probably spot on regarding Chelsea targets. Press ain't got a clue though, they are hoping beyond hope that Stones moves.

I hope Chelsea put in a 50m bid and we tell them to do one ( my personal words would begin with a F and finish with off )

That club never has been, isn't now, never will be a patch on Everton Football Club and I think Stones knows he's doing absolutely fine with us and on track for whatever path he chooses to take ( which I believe will be with us for the next 2 years )

I think they are being held accountable, mac.

By the fact that newspaper sales have plummeted and hardly anyone reads them no moah.

So they resort to the type of clickbait we are witnessing in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

The only place I ever read about the stuff they say is on here.

No one I come across in day to day life discusses what the papers say these days.

"Clickbait" is absolutely spot on mate. They all do it as well, radio (talk sport) papers, we even have Everton fan twitter accounts doing it.

I would honestly be embarrassed if I was in the industry the levels they have to go to. Shameful people, shameful corporations and tbh a lot of players who should be ashamed of their actions when using the above to push for moves.

I don't think Stones is that type though mate ;)

John+Stones+Fulham+v+Everton+Premier+League+GmVm_1tR0Uzl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back