John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next step for the hacks is to claim, 'Stones has handed in a transfer request and it has been refused'. The top 4 and RS dominated media are desperate to sell papers, increase viewers or get internet clicks to boost advertisement revenue, they will do and say anything. They are getting desperate. I fully expect this weekend the TV hacks will be dissecting Stones performance against City, to show that his 'mistakes' or 'flaws' would be ironed out by Terry and Mourinho. And, 'by going to Chelsea and playing in the CL, his progress will get better and that will help him and England'.

Chelsea would be the worse place for Stones to go and he would only have to look at Lukaku to see how Mourinho treats young players.

As I've said I've heard this more than once from people who know him, what I believe will happen is Stones will let Chelsea keep pushing, then as soon as they have a bid accepted other clubs will match it, then he'll choose and I can't see him choosing to move south. From what I've heard about the lad

I think that is why Cahill was wheeled out to say come down south.

I would be more surprised if didnt push for the move, his agent will be making sur3 this deal goes through. It doesn't matter if he handed a transfer request in, we can still say no and he will still give his all. We hold the cards. Not chelsea, not stones or his agent. Us

ashamed of it but had Talksport on last half hour and they were doing the usual 'inevitable' he was going and good to play alonside Terry etc.. Sounds like they had a load of blues email. Now they are claiming that we are over reacting and they are just reporting stuff. then they started on a 'it will be good for Everton and the game if he stays' as though we hadn't heard what had been said. Lots of 'it is not like we have an interest in the transfer'. sounding like kids caught having a...

Felt this one coming to be honest.
Otamendi and pedro gone through
Move straight on to stones
The push and relentlesness by chelsea and the media to continue pushing and pushing for a move is really sickening, interesting how they have spun the situation completely differently with the sterling situation.
Every man and his dog new sterling was going so they didnt have to come out and say 'great nove for him' etc.
Instead the could run with the 'money grabbing little beute' spin.
No wonder young talented english players never fufil their potential, they are built up and pressured so much.
The media and chelsea wont let this go away

ashamed of it but had Talksport on last half hour and they were doing the usual 'inevitable' he was going and good to play alonside Terry etc.. Sounds like they had a load of blues email. Now they are claiming that we are over reacting and they are just reporting stuff. then they started on a 'it will be good for Everton and the game if he stays' as though we hadn't heard what had been said. Lots of 'it is not like we have an interest in the transfer'. sounding like kids caught having a...

Can't listen to that station, just winds me the hell up. Full of nobodies who claim to know what is best for players they know nothing about.
Southern bias too, swerve it, it's not for Evertonians

More concerned he hasn't come out said he is happy at Everton. I fear the worst.

I wouldn't get too bothered about it. I think we all know deep down that Stones long term ambition will be to win titles, Captain England (or at least be a regular) and play in the Champions League. Unfortunately he cannot do two of those things at Everton, at least at the moment. So in my opinion, he would love to play for a club with the chance to win the league and play in the CL.

The problem Chelsea have is that Stones appears to be a level headed kid who is happy at Everton at the moment. He's starting games for us, has a manager who loves him and won't criticise him if he makes a costly error, and is in line to play a big part in the Euro's if he has a good season with us. Stones will know himself that the move to Chelsea probably isn't a sensible one at this moment in time.

He will also have seen how much Martinez has bigged him up in the press, and how Mourinho publicly humiliates players/staff if things don't go his way. Can't see that being good for Stones, despite what the rags try and tell us. So if he does leave, he may not even want to go to Chelsea anyway.

Another key thing is that it's clear that Martinez wants to build a young talented team at Everton. How do we know he hasn't got the young players like Lukaku, Stones and Barkley together and said "we want to build the team around you so give us a couple of seasons to get us in to the CL and then consider your future". If you look at the long term contracts all three signed (as well as McCarthy), that would allow them to give us 2 seasons and still have time left on their contracts so if they did want out, an agreement could be reached which would suit the players and us. We wouldn't be held to ransom by them.

And a final thing to add is that the media etc undervalue the partnership Stones has with Jagielka. They also dismiss Jagielka as a no mark who isn't fit to be in the same room as someone like John Terry. It seems clear to me that Stones looks up to Jags and will be learning from him all the time. Out of all the senior players I reckon he may have discussed this with him. No one at Everton sounds like they're expecting Stones to leave which was confirmed by Naismith too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back