John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Keown on Talksport - 'Stones should stay at Everton, they got me into the England team and the fans adore him and he is number one at Everton'.
Loved that line about us getting him into the England team, and how he mentioned that Stones needs ' the warmth of the Everton fans and to know he is number 1 '
Also, it should be noted that Keown left to move back down south as his wife couldn't settle here if I remember correctly, as opposed to chasing cash.

Always thought we should've kept him.

Not Stones related but I think its related in a way certain teams get chosen to try and sell all there players

KOEMAN SPEAKS OUT

Ronald Koeman was in defiant mood last night when pressed about interest in his players, Victor Wanyama and Sadio Mane, who have been linked with moves away from the club.

He said: "There is no bid for any player. Not for Wanyama, not for Sadio, not anyone," Koeman insisted. We have to deal with rumours of the press and maybe somebody of Manchester [United] - I don't know.

"There is no contact and no bid for nobody and we don't sell any more players.

"It is the worst situation for the smaller clubs because nobody talks about the best players of City, United or Chelsea, because they are in the best place to be. But teams like Southampton – they have to deal with this and that is not easy," he added.

"It makes rumours and everyone is talking about it. We have to play and that is difficult. If they don't change the window from September 1, we will always have these rumours."

I'd be dumbfounded if he handed in a transfer request now. I'd be less surprised if it came around the 30th of August, but still gutted.

Either way, we shouldn't be selling. I'd be amazed if he did put in a transfer request, because to me that'd indicate the club has asked him to - as I don't think he'd be stupid enough to put one in if there was any risk at all of us keeping him at the club.

Thats the amount of trophies Chelsea have won since we last did.

Theres only so long we can dismiss them as rent boys mate.

Call me deluded, soft, stupid, an old romantic but I refuse to mate. I simply refuse to put them anywhere near us.

Us winning a pot or two would obviously help with my stubbornness of course but I think it will take them winning another 16 trophies before I'm willing to concede any ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back