John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
First transfer window: sold Anichebe 6 mill, Jelavic 7 mill, Fellaini 27.5 mill. That's 40 mill in the till. He then bought in McCarthy 13 mill, Kone 6 mill, Robles 3 mill, Alcaraz free, Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu on loan. I know there's money tied up in the loan deals and wages but in pure numbers that is 40 mill in and only half of that spent. He's also not been backed in either January window apart from loan deals. So yes I think Martinez would put up with the board's behaviour.

Jelavic didn't go in his first transfer window.

I'm just sayin'

:cool:

Another unsavoury attempt by Mourinho to unsettle the player via the gutter press.

Of course Martinez in unaware of any transfer request because there isn't one. Even the article in the Spun states only that the player is "considering going public". If a transfer request had been made and accepted there would be no need for that. The only scenario where it would make sense is if a transfer request has been made and refused. If that had happened surely it would have been made public by now, if not by the club then by his agent.

No this is Mourinho getting desperate now with his dirty tactics. It's far from over mind.

Got this from a Chelsea forum:
Chelsea 4/6 now, Everton to retain his services @ 11/8
very misleading that. 4/6 I saw was one that didn't quote Everton as an option so maybe bit dodgy but prob gives cash back if he stays. Others I saw he was short odds on to stay. Didn't see the 11/8 so if that is out there then it is a freak one and definitely the highest odds available. And I would reckon well worth a shilling each way

also these odds are very heavily biased by the hype from London press. Baines was something like 1/2 to join United right up tp transfer deadline day. Think McCarthy has been similar to Join Spurs

Because we're buying a CB so everyone is betting on Stones to leave. It's like when that rumour about Charlie Austin to us came out and the odds went from 40/1 to 4/7 for him to sign.

also these odds are very heavily biased by the hype from London press. Baines was something like 1/2 to join United right up tp transfer deadline day. Think McCarthy has been similar to Join Spurs

Partially true, but Everton were odds on to keep Stones yesterday.

Those odds have only changed after that press conference.

I'd be very surprised if he hands in transfer request. He comes across as a very grounded lad who is thankful for the trust and support of the manger to play him every week. Also because he sees jagielka as somewhat of a mentor. Phil himself was in the same situation a few years back with arsenal. He kept quiet and dignified through out. As he himself was grounded and thankful of the club an manger for taking him from a lower level an giving him the opportunity of playing week in week out in the top division. He'll be telling stones to keep calm just play your game and if the 2 clubs come to an agreement then take it from there.

Partially true, but Everton were odds on to keep Stones yesterday.

Those odds have only changed after that press conference.
No, they've changed after the S*n ran their story with nothing substantial to back it, and every media outlet jumped on like fat blokes at an Annabel Chong record attempt

I want to murder my Chelsea supporting 'friend' who
We need to keep him regardless of any transfer request - Liverpool kept Suarez and he then produced his best season before he eventually left. Stones is the sort of character to do the same.

Do not compare our John to that bucked-toothed racist. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back