John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partially true, but Everton were odds on to keep Stones yesterday.

Those odds have only changed after that press conference.
haven't checked but if true then I would definitely lump on Stones staying. I can imagine they will have had so much money going on him leaving when or before this rumour broke that they can still afford to balance the books by encouraging bets on him staying with a decent price. Punters will still largely go with what the press are saying too cos they won't read beyond the headlines. I am upping it to a crown each way

Got a bet going with this Chelsea melt at work. £50 in my pocket if he stays.

The pure arrogance of these Chelsea fans beggars belief.

BBC spin. 'Martinez unaware of Stones request'.

What request? The gutter press are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and will not stop with this bull until the end of deadline day.
Unfortunately we are in for these type of stories for the next few windows. How many windows was Baines going to Utd for ? ...4 ?

not too sure i toe the line with chelsea being (every name under the sun) here. The only bad part is they said they wouldn't come back if we said he wasn't for sale, but went back on that.

But they're interested in a player and bidding and keep coming back with bigger bids everytime that's rejected. That's how transfer business is done right? we can keep rejecting if we don't want to sell or reject when we think it's a reasonable fee.

what's wrong with that? It's an ongoing process so of course the media will discuss it. Is an ex-player saying "he would be good at chelsea" any different to anyone on here putting yarmolenko in their starting XI formations?

hes got to be kidding right?
chelsea.webp

very misleading that. 4/6 I saw was one that didn't quote Everton as an option so maybe bit dodgy but prob gives cash back if he stays. Others I saw he was short odds on to stay. Didn't see the 11/8 so if that is out there then it is a freak one and definitely the highest odds available. And I would reckon well worth a shilling each way

How does one bet each way on Stones staying? He either will or he won't....

How would this transfer go ?
John Stones puts in a transfer request and we say alright you can leave...even though you have four years left on a contract.

Do we then ask Chelsea what is a fair price, haggle with them a little and then settle ?

Is the sales price based on the fact that they have made three offers and those offers set the basis on which negotiations are carried out ?

OR

Do we now say to John Stones and his agent that we have a contract and expect him to honour it.
We tell him that if he really wants to leave, he can but the price is for Everton to choose.
We then do a Liverpool and tell Chelsea the price is 60m and not budge.

I am not at all saying that John Stones will leave or even ask to leave, but some on here are acting like frightened rabbits and are expecting the club to lie down in front of Chelsea.
This club has a history of extracting every last penny in our outgoing transfers.
I think Chelsea may well find that they have a long way to go before they sign anybody from Everton.

Another reading of today's shenanigans is that this Mourinho's final plea to Stones to indicate that he wishes to leave before a final bid is made next week. The amount of the bid would be dependent on him doing that. If he doesn't do it then Mourinho knows he will have to pay way over the odds to get him and hopefully will be put off doing so.

It looks like the ball is in the Stones court now. If he says nothing I'd still have it at a 90% chance of him still being at Goodison on Sept 2nd.

All a game of brinkmanship though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back