John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a difference between a player moving up 2 leagues and this. Two seasons ago, Chelsea finished 2 places ahead of us...

The post talked about richer clubs and not which league. Love it or hate it Chelsea are far richer than Everton and the arguement of what happened two years ago is a bit soft when you look what happened last season

Irrespective the comment is from a supporter and I would suspect that Barnsley supporters feel a little hacked off that they have their players sold when a richer club comes a knocking

The post talked about richer clubs and not which league. Love it or hate it Chelsea are far richer than Everton and the arguement of what happened two years ago is a bit soft when you look what happened last season

Irrespective the comment is from a supporter and I would suspect that Barnsley supporters feel a little hacked off that they have their players sold when a richer club comes a knocking
The one Barnsley supporter who's been active on this forum doesn't seem to mind it at all.

It really will leave a sour taste if Stones leaves, regardless of the circumstances. Why do I feel a late botched bid for Ashley Williams happening and then Johnny Evans signing at the last minute.

Just for once Everton, don't let me down.

The one Barnsley supporter who's been active on this forum doesn't seem to mind it at all.
The difference is the amount of money coming into Premiership clubs from television. The money is not trickling down to the lower divisions probably as it should and therefore clubs in the Championship and lower are still forced to sell their best players to survive. The only difference is that the deals they are getting are improving. If John Stones is sold at some stage it will probably bring the total fee received by Barnsley to 7m or maybe 8m. Not bad from the sale of a young 19 year old., ten years ago they would be lucky to get 1m.

When you think that we are probably about to sign a player for 15m bought a player last year for 28 and if we sell John Stones it will be for an amount north of 40m. This kind of silly money was unheard of before and will result in the further closing of the gap between the top four and other teams.

Sorry, I want change and/or a concrete plan to move us forward from the board too, but that's a ridiculous, baseless statement.
In a week or two's time Stones will have gone and the net transfer spend sanctioned by the board in this window will have turned out to be negative or just break even despite record tv money. It's in their DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back