John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before Abromovich they were Champions League regulars and won a few trophies.

Chelsea have won 4 titles, 6 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League and 1 Cup Winners Cup since we won our last trophy. I just don't see how we can be bigger than a club that's won all that when we've won absolutely nothing in 20 years. Our last period of real success was nearly 30 years ago.
That's pretty damn impressive. Especially given the financial constraints they've had to operate under.

I've got 100 times more respect for the RS for what they did in the 70s and 80s. Pains me to say it but it's true.

Even before Abromovich they were Champions League regulars and won a few trophies.

Think your on The wrong. Forum.. Get back to the shed

Chelsea have won 4 titles, 6 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League and 1 Cup Winners Cup since we won our last trophy. I just don't see how we can be bigger than a club that's won all that when we've won absolutely nothing in 20 years. Our last period of real success was nearly 30 years ago.

Interesting front page of DP tomorrow. Especially the little bit under the Mori headline.

image.webp

The media and sky are desperate for stones to go to Chelsea. Did anyone see the presenter with peter lovernkrands and tony cascarino talking about the transfer. Lovernkrands spoke at length how impressive stones is, but should stay at everton for at least another season as he is playing regularly. The presenter said then said " well peter thinks he should move, what about you tony?" That is not what lovernkrands said but because he didn't 'toe the line' and say he should sign for Chelsea immediately his opinion was ignored.

Yeah I picked up on that as well.

Although in the scheme of things, nobody gives two shiny shites about what Peter Lovenkrands thinks about the situation.

Interesting front page of DP tomorrow. Especially the little bit under the Mori headline.

View attachment 12867

God, I miss home. Only in North Wales could the front page of the main paper combine tawdry affairs, birds attacking cats, the manager of the local team having to defend himself after winning the last three games (of four played), and an advert for those little cars that fat people drive around in.

Yeah I picked up on that as well.

Although in the scheme of things, nobody gives two shiny shites about what Peter Lovenkrands thinks about the situation.
Nobody in the media is bothered about what the 'pundits' say if they don't say stones should go to Chelsea. It's quite shameful really. Give them their due keown, carragher and now fowler have said he must stay, but it barely gets a mention in the press. If only keown had been on motd with shearer that first Saturday of the season, he would have articulately expressed why stones as a central defender should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back