John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is still here after the window closes then there really isnt any reason not to invite Dr Eva to our next home game, whoever that is against.

I think we should put in a bid for her to become Stones personal medic. Maybe offer them McGeady on loan for a season.

See this is where some really don't get it

Everton turnover what £120 million Chelsea without a penny piece from the Russian turnover inexcess of £300 million

What makes a big club? Trophies ? Support ? Turnover? What?

I was directed the other day to a chart detailing the all time attendances and yes MAn Utd are there,Arsenal are there Liverpool are there and Spurs are there but so are Chelsea

Everton are a great team but so are Man City so are Chelsea and players in the modern era couldn't give a flying fig about about what happened nearly a hundred year ago they look at the here and now
City and Chelsea aren't great teams, they're bought teams. There's a difference.

It flows from the text: wont hand in a transfer request and preparing to face City.

It looks like a declaration which has an expiry date built into it.

Anyway, it's a rehash of RMs words this morning, and the Echo dont have a clue in any case.

I think it's more than that.
My guess is that the club have leaked the fact that Stones won't be putting in a transfer request to the Echo at just the right time.

If that's right, then we're basically saying that 40 million won't do it. If you really want him, then you'll have to go much higher before we even consider it.

This might be wishful thinking on my part, and I understand your position with quotes likes

It would have been a lot brighter as a scenario if it'd have been done weeks ago. Of course, the plan though is to do it as late as possible in order to retain as much of the incoming cash as they can get away with.

Mark my words: the tv cash plus what they siphon away from any Stones sale will disappear (with vague mutterings about cash for January buys and their friends in the media implying that monies are being saved for a new stadium scheme).

... and if you'd said the above three, or even two years ago, I'd have tended to agree with you, but our cashflow is much healthier now.

I'm going to look bloody silly if he hands in a transfer request next week though !

First home match after the transfer window closes: Chelsea.

If Goodison isn't dripping with venom and arl fellas aren't calling José a scruffy blurt, then frankly, there's no hope for us or John Stones.
had a sneaky couple of quid at 16 to 1 on Mourinho to be first manager to leave. be gutted if I get to cash in before this game though

had a sneaky couple of quid at 16 to 1 on Mourinho to be first manager to leave. be gutted if I get to cash in before this game though

If he's still there, take the cash in and put it on Lukaku to score first and Stones last. Got the feeling karmas got it's sights on Roman's finest money laundering scheme.

The fight back has begun!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ewer-chances-to-shine-at-Stamford-Bridge.html

vVpINON.jpg

The Lukaku article is boss. He's deffo had a word.

It flows from the text: wont hand in a transfer request and preparing to face City.

It looks like a declaration which has an expiry date built into it.

Anyway, it's a rehash of RMs words this morning, and the Echo dont have a clue in any case.

They're the clubs mouthpiece, of course they have a clue.

The Echo 'understands', SportsMail 'understands', the S*n 'understands', Sky Sports 'understands', ...

Why don't they just 'understand' he isn't going anywhere ?*

*unless Everton receive an offer out of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back