John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez also took a dig at Chelsea’s apparent tactic to publicise their interest, when he said: “I’m sure there are many players that are interest for other clubs, and for whatever reason they don’t come out. Maybe because the team that bids they don’t speak in the press.

“That is what happens in transfer times. We are trying to sign players as well and we are not coming out and saying what we are doing and what we are putting in the press.”

Alternative reading of the Echo story: 'wont hand in transfer request - he's focussed on Sunday's game with City - things could change thereafter'

?

I did kind of read it like that - you would hope the club would have told him he'll be staying mind. Always surprised by the lack of communication in these situations though.

Headline a bit misleading
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-martinez-denies-john-stones-transfer-request
Everton manager Roberto Martínez has denied reports that Chelsea transfer target John Stones has made a request to leave the club, telling a press conference on Friday that he was not aware of any transfer request from the centre back. Chelsea are believed to be considering a new bid of up to £40m for Stones, who has four England caps. Everton rejected a third bid of £30m on Monday, and Martínez said that the situation with Stones was “exactly the same” after rumours that Stones, who has four years remaining on his Everton contract, had asked to leave the club.

When asked if he was aware of an official transfer request from Stones, Martínez said “not at all”. “It’s been the hot topic of this transfer window and will be highlighted every day the window is open but our focus is only the games,” added Martínez. “In my eyes Manchester City are the sharpest team in the league at the moment and our focus is on preparing for that.”

Everton host the current league leaders on Sunday and Martínez confirmed that Stones will be available for selection for that match. The Everton manager added that the club are still looking to make further signings in the transfer window, with Gerard Deulofeu and Tom Cleverley the club’s only high profile summer signings to date. “Of course we’re trying to work as hard as we can to get in a couple of additions but even those we are not going to comment on,” Martínez said.

Multiple other national stories quoting Martinez saying that even if Stones handed in a request he wouldn't be sold. Actually says it's too late and too much has gone on for it to happen now.

Interestingly it also says Martinez has spoken to Stones agent and told him this.

Having rejected three bids and repeatedly advised that John Stones is not for sale at any price, if those clowns at Stamford Bridge come back with yet another bid, if it were my call, I think I'd be issuing a restraining order against them, or an ASBO. And get an injunction barring Jose from coming within close proximity to or entering GP on the day Chelsea visit Goodison.

Matt law again...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-strict-gym-regime-to-improve-teams-form.html
Captain John Terry, who was substituted at half-time in the 3-0 defeat to Manchester City, is hopeful of retaining his starting place and could partner Kurt Zouma in the centre of defence with Gary Cahill stepping down. Chelsea have signed forward Pedro and left-back Baba Rahman since the City defeat, and will make a fourth bid for John Stones, who is considering handing in a transfer request at Everton.

Despite having three bids rejected for Stones, there remains optimism inside Stamford Bridge that they will agree a deal for the central defender before the transfer window shuts. Chelsea decided against rivalling Manchester City for Nicolas Otamendi or pursuing an interest in Antonio Rudiger, who has joined Roma on loan, because they believe they can land Stones.

@daveblueegan: @Matt_Law_DT oh god - you must be bored of pedalling Chelsea's business by now? All other papers reporting Everton won't sell Stones
@Matt_Law_DT: @daveblueegan Really? I see most papers reporting bids and saying Stones is interested in leaving, despite efc not wanting to sell
@daveblueegan: @Matt_Law_DT Liverpool Echo reporting he won't hand in transfer request, Daily Star saying Martinez saying he won't be sold even if he does
@Matt_Law_DT: @daveblueegan We at the Telegraph are reporting martinez's quotes as well.

@StuElyF1EFC: @Matt_Law_DT @EvertonNewsFeed But you do know that if/when that fourth bid happens,the response from EFC will be the same as the prior 3
@Matt_Law_DT: @stuelyf1efc @evertonnewsfeed it's my job to report it, whatever the response
@Matt_Law_DT: @stuelyf1efc @evertonnewsfeed My club is Villa
@StuElyF1EFC: @Matt_Law_DT @EvertonNewsFeed Thanks for responding.Can you tell me why all media outlets seem desperate to get Stones to Chelsea?
@Matt_Law_DT: @stuelyf1efc @evertonnewsfeed They really aren't. As a villa fan, I know what it's like reading your best players are leaving etc

Multiple other national stories quoting Martinez saying that even if Stones handed in a request he wouldn't be sold. Actually says it's too late and too much has gone on for it to happen now.

Interestingly it also says Martinez has spoken to Stones agent and told him this.

We're in a massive position of strength here. He's not even one of the top earners. He's on about the same wage as Anichebe was about five years ago.

Having rejected three bids and repeatedly advised that John Stones is not for sale at any price, if those clowns at Stamford Bridge come back with yet another bid, if it were my call, I think I'd be issuing a restraining order against them, or an ASBO. And get an injunction barring Jose from coming within close proximity to or entering GP on the day Chelsea visit Goodison.

Looks like there will be one next week Block, all this huffing and puffing today is merely preparing the groundwork for it.

We will find out one way or the other for sure soon. If it is rejected out of hand that is the end of the matter and it will be a triumphant victory for EFC over Mourinho and his dirty tricks campaign. Credit will be due all round to the club, the manager, and Stones himself for not agitating for a move. But if it isn't and negotiations begin, after all that has been said the consequences don't bear thinking about.

To be honest, if he handed in a request and we genuinely don't need to sell I'd consider a term in the stiffs. Everton has to be bigger than all or any player irrespective of who it is. I genuinely don't think Stones wants to leave and believe he could well be the cornerstone of a fine young team in the next couple of seasons.....but if he has had his head turned, a spell in the stiffs is a good counter.
I know people will say cash in at £40M for an unhappy player, but sometimes integrity and a strong statement of our Club position is worth more than that money, even or more especially for a club in Evertons position. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

tomorrow some jar paper will write something else and everyone will go straight back into meltdown, it has been obvious since the first bid he wasn't going anywhere, people just want him to go so they have a reason to moan...

Respectfully that's complete tosh. No one wants him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back