John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
However I do also know that some of the more commercial sectors (talkSPORT on the radio front, tabloids on the National Press), do have deals with certain clubs to cover them.

A talkSPORT producer of 10 years told me recently that they had a deal signed last season with Liverpool that made them millions, Man City also approached them with a similar deal for this season - so some sectors are biased, which I guess is the nature of privately owned institutions.

Swinging the other day, the BBC can be a nightmare to work for because it swings the complete other way.

It's sad that people's short attention spans means that actual factual news reporting has gone to to the dogs in exchange for "click me, click me" material.
It is, things like Twitter, Facebook are to blame where things are compressed and compressed so that people now have to sum up a whole story in under 140 characters.

How many people read the long posts on here? It's the same sort of principle.

This is almost about more than John Stones and money now. This is about the perception of the football club and our standing in the world.
We need to be seen to be strong over this. We aren't going to be walked all over by Chelsea and their rent boy media friends.

Normally in these scenarios the rich buying club get their way, so if Everton stay strong and determined over Stones it could be a watershed moment in these sort of situations where there is a lot of money involved and the media are all over it. It would really send out a strong message that a rich club can't bully a less well off club and get their way, and would be welcomed by nearly all other PL clubs and give them hope that they can hang on to their better players and build for the future.

Let's hope the board hold their nerve when the 4th bid comes in next week. All the signs so far are that they have already decided that they will.

However I do also know that some of the more commercial sectors (talkSPORT on the radio front, tabloids on the National Press), do have deals with certain clubs to cover them.

A talkSPORT producer of 10 years told me recently that they had a deal signed last season with Liverpool that made them millions, Man City also approached them with a similar deal for this season - so some sectors are biased, which I guess is the nature of privately owned institutions.

Swinging the other day, the BBC can be a nightmare to work for because it swings the complete other way.
Even though by their very existence, they're a commercial venture, I'm not so sure that a radio station that carries news should be able to go into buisiness with an organisation (ie. LFC) which could skew their reporting, just like Sky News influencing Sky Bet.

Makes me wonder if Chelsea have such an agreement what with all this crap about Stones - they just won't let it go.

Bit annoyed that Jagielka is being so open and approachable over this. Why is anyone currently at the club talking about it in detail with these despicable journalists who've lied all summer? Especially our captain.

The way they've treated us all summer is a disgrace and i'd prefer it if our captain wasn't appeasing them and giving them insight on whether or not Stones wants to go.

He'd do well to look at how Naismith, Lukaku and Martinez have handled these questions.

This is almost about more than John Stones and money now. This is about the perception of the football club and our standing in the world.
We need to be seen to be strong over this. We aren't going to be walked all over by Chelsea and their rent boy media friends.
Very true Mac , this has gone on far too long now.
The Club needs to "put itself out in the press" now , that headline is pitiful.
The way I see it the media have been pushing & probing Martinez at any given opportunity .To Martinez's credit he has handled it impeccably.
But now something has to be done by the club,if it takes a strong worded statement to the F.A. or an interview with Kenwright this has got to stop
9 days to deadline day this is only going to get worse & worse.Must be said Stones has been fantastic. Time to make a stand Everton.

Even though by their very existence, they're a commercial venture, I'm not so sure that a radio station that carries news should be able to go into buisiness with an organisation (ie. LFC) which could skew their reporting, just like Sky News influencing Sky Bet.

Makes me wonder if Chelsea have such an agreement what with all this crap about Stones - they just won't let it go.
I don't agree with it at all, but then again they aren't there to provide news they're there for entertainment - no where in talkSPORTS remit does it say they have to be even in the amount of commentaries for example (that was what the deal was mainly about), so they get away with it.

It could well be the case, I'm not a big enough deal to find out but wish I could!

I cant see him trying to force a move at all, if he does and we say no chance he is in one bad situation. It was one thing when Suarez did it, few goals and the wools soon forgot, but its different for a defender, hard to win the fans back on your side once you go against us when you play at the back and arn't scoring game winning goals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...chelsea-circle-over-john-stones-10467593.html

Lescott submitted a transfer request and was dropped for the opening game of the season at Goodison – which Everton lost 6-1 to Arsenal.
Lescott departed for an inflated £24 million and Moyes won five of his next six matches against City.

I know there's a lot of nonsense in the press these days, but how can someone write a big article for a national newspaper and get something so simple wrong? A quick google search will tell you he played in that game if you're not sure. Did this fella just imagine Lescott being dropped or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back