John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
**floats in**

What?

**looks around**

This is the Everton forum isn't it?

**floats out**
Sometimes I wonder if it's the Everton forum or the Famous Shed Forum mate. They all should be banned for even discussing the sale of one of our players when our manager has made it quite clear he doesn't want to sell said player and wants to build a team around him and young Barkley *swings out*

I know there's a lot of nonsense in the press these days, but how can someone write a big article for a national newspaper and get something so simple wrong? A quick google search will tell you he played in that game if you're not sure. Did this fella just imagine Lescott being dropped or what?

I noticed that. It must be so easy being a football 'journalist' these days. Just make up any old rubbish or type out the unofficial press release from one of the big clubs and put the word 'exclusive' next to it.
Pathetic, lazy and unprofessional.

I know there's a lot of nonsense in the press these days, but how can someone write a big article for a national newspaper and get something so simple wrong? A quick google search will tell you he played in that game if you're not sure. Did this fella just imagine Lescott being dropped or what?
Agree, taking the two minutes to fact check something like that can make the difference between your article looking credible or not.

Personally I have tried to blank that match entirely from my memory ;)

Screenshot_2015-08-22-19-03-12.webp

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...ohn-stones-might-be-a-bargain-buy-by-chelsea/
And the size of this Stones deal makes a little more sense if you’re in possession of a few facts and a little basic football knowledge. Everton will not keep the full fee because Barnsley, Stones’ former club, inserted a 15 per cent sell-on clause when he moved to Goodison Park in 2013. That means that Barnsley will earn an estimated £6 million, give or take, should the sale to Chelsea go through.

Right now, Everton will be hammering Barnsley down on that figure, with negotiations going something like this …“We’ve had a bid from Chelsea. We don’t want to sell but we might sell if we can keep enough of the transfer fee and that means you’re going to have to take five per cent and not 15 per cent. “If you don’t take five per cent, then we’re not selling him. Do you want that £2 million or not? If not, we’re keeping him and you’ll get nothing.” I guarantee you that Barnsley desperately want that £2 million and will tear up the previous agreement alluding to 15 per cent.

That article.......WTF?

That's it.

I can't takes no moah.

If Everton sell Stones to this mob at this time I am done with the club.

Seriously.

The thoughts of all these yarn spinners, dissemblers, propagandists and downright liars being proven to be right all along is just too disgusting a dish for this arl Blue to swallow.

Our manager will have been undermined, our record signing will have been shown to have been whistling in the wind and those of us who had faith in the board to stand firm will have been stabbed in the back.

If Stones is allowed to leave now I won't be angry at Chelsea.....it is Everton I will be angry at.

And I don't care even if he does put in a request.......he cannot be allowed to go to Chelsea now.

To paraphrase The Manics......if we tolerate this then Barkley or Lukaku will be next.

That article.......WTF?

That's it.

I can't takes no moah.

Seriously.

The thoughts of all these yarn spinners, dissemblers, propagandists and downright liars being proven to be right all along is just too disgusting a dish for this arl Blue to swallow.

Our manager will have been undermined, our record signing will have been shown to have been whistling in the wind and those of us who had faith in the board to stand firm will have been stabbed in the back.

If Stones is allowed to leave now I won't be angry at Chelsea.....it is Everton I will be angry at.

And I don't care even if he does put in a request.......he cannot be allowed to go to Chelsea now.

To paraphrase The Manics......if we tolerate this then Barkley or Lukaku will be next.
If I had my way id ban her for causing you to fume mate. But at the same time LOLZ

This is almost about more than John Stones and money now. This is about the perception of the football club and our standing in the world.
We need to be seen to be strong over this. We aren't going to be walked all over by Chelsea and their rent boy media friends.

This is what I think, Mac.

It us now matter of honour for Everton to resist this.

That article.......WTF?

That's it.

I can't takes no moah.

Seriously.

Yes ...well said i am an an auld blue and it hurts to see us denigrated in the media for somehow holding Stones at Everton ..if he goes then i will seriously think about something to fill the days when we are at home.....loved the Manics quote JK

This is almost about more than John Stones and money now. This is about the perception of the football club and our standing in the world.
We need to be seen to be strong over this. We aren't going to be walked all over by Chelsea and their rent boy media friends.
I think this is a really interesting point. The overarching commentary of this whole saga is on whether Everton really can be considered a big club. With everything that's been going on with the protests (or lack of depending on what side of the argument you sit on) against the board, and Martinez' stance on things - it really is almost a test on whether the club really can continue to compete at the upper echelons of the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back