John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article.......WTF?

That's it.

I can't takes no moah.

If Everton sell Stones to this mob at this time I am done with the club.

Seriously.

The thoughts of all these yarn spinners, dissemblers, propagandists and downright liars being proven to be right all along is just too disgusting a dish for this arl Blue to swallow.

Our manager will have been undermined, our record signing will have been shown to have been whistling in the wind and those of us who had faith in the board to stand firm will have been stabbed in the back.

If Stones is allowed to leave now I won't be angry at Chelsea.....it is Everton I will be angry at.

And I don't care even if he does put in a request.......he cannot be allowed to go to Chelsea now.

To paraphrase The Manics......if we tolerate this then Barkley or Lukaku will be next.

Even if he puts in a request, then if worst comes to the worst, I'd sooner banish him to the u-21's than sell him. Not that I'm suggesting he deserves any such treatment.

He's a sensible lad; I'm sure he'd pull his socks up, realise there's worse jobs in the world than playing for Everton, whilst remembering that there's a major international tournament on the horizon.

That article.......WTF?

That's it.

I can't takes no moah.

If Everton sell Stones to this mob at this time I am done with the club.

Seriously.

The thoughts of all these yarn spinners, dissemblers, propagandists and downright liars being proven to be right all along is just too disgusting a dish for this arl Blue to swallow.

Our manager will have been undermined, our record signing will have been shown to have been whistling in the wind and those of us who had faith in the board to stand firm will have been stabbed in the back.

If Stones is allowed to leave now I won't be angry at Chelsea.....it is Everton I will be angry at.

And I don't care even if he does put in a request.......he cannot be allowed to go to Chelsea now.

To paraphrase The Manics......if we tolerate this then Barkley or Lukaku will be next.

Yep it's now simply a matter of principle, not money.

We can either stand up to bullying or give in to it.

And it will be the former that boosts the credibility of EFC and gives hope to other clubs.

lol Talk about shooting the messenger!

Fwiw agree with most of @Khalekan's reply - never going to not support the club but my views on the board if we sold him this window for something in the 30s would be irrevocably changed.
I'd rather sell him to Liverpool for 20 mill right now than have him leave this week for Chelski.

I'd rather sell him to Liverpool for 20 mill right now than have him leave this week for Chelski.
710d3719b4866950108e82d1ee433e.gif

GOT should lead the way and ban links to a few of the rags in the Everton forum, outside of the transfer window/ jarg rumours thread.

The only relevant sources in the Everton thread are the OS and to a lesser extent, the Echo.

Click-bait is used for a reason; it works. Christ, the rags must have had thousands of clicks from this thread alone.

The press did their best to sell Baines, as they are now doing with Stones.
The most despicable thing about the modern day press and radio broadcasters are that they are instructed to try and make these things happen through sensationalism. More people click links or tune in making advertisers and the club, in this case Chelsea, happy.

Everton just need to stand firm, as we did with Baines to United.

GOT should lead the way and ban links to a few of the rags in the Everton forum, outside of the transfer window/ jarg rumours thread.

The only relevant sources in the Everton thread are the OS and to a lesser extent, the Echo.

Click-bait is used for a reason; it works. Christ, the rags must have had thousands of clicks from this thread alone.

Completely agree with your sentiment.

I posted a couple of links to the Express a few pages back, but in my defence I did so to prove that John Richardson had form for being completely & utterly wrong, over Baines. If he was so wrong over that, why should anyone believe him over Stones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back