John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOT should lead the way and ban links to a few of the rags in the Everton forum, outside of the transfer window/ jarg rumours thread.

The only relevant sources in the Everton thread are the OS and to a lesser extent, the Echo.

Click-bait is used for a reason; it works. Christ, the rags must have had thousands of clicks from this thread alone.
Disagree, shutting yourself to alternate points of view (even if you think they are incorrect) isn't a good way to come to a balanced viewpoint.

Better to just quote the article so reduce the click bait but still deliver the message.

Completely agree with your sentiment.

I posted a couple of links to the Express a few pages back, but in my defence I did so to prove that John Richardson had form for being completely & utterly wrong, over Baines. If he was so wrong over that, why should anyone believe him over Stones?

I believe you posted screenshots mate. I believe it should be fine to quote any old crap from The Daily Planet, but links though? Screenshots and quotes should be fine, but links to certain sites should be no-no's.

I appreciate some people like to show they have a source, but it's not really a source when it's a sewer spewing crap that filters out a lump of coal every now and then.

Disagree, shutting yourself to alternate points of view (even if you think they are incorrect) isn't a good way to come to a balanced viewpoint.

Better to just quote the article so reduce the click bait but still deliver the message.

I agree with you, Links.

RAWK's "approved sources" list is one of the major factors in their being the laughing stock of Internet football forums.

Debating it in the House of Commons next week . The pope is also mentioning it in his Sunday address from the balcony tomorrow
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_pxjp5.webp

Just watched the John Stones interview on sky sports from last season. Seems like a very intelligent and grounded lad. Completely different to your typical player. Spoke eloquently, no brainless football clichés in sight. And despite his calm and polite demeanour, he's got a fantastic confidence in his abilities, not arrogance - he acknowledged his mistakes.

I just hope he can see the logic in staying at Goodison for at least a few more seasons.. Where he'll continue to grow and learn in a starting role. Maybe by then we'll have built something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back