John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Dunn ..... Kopite

Say no more

Funny how no one called Liverpool a selling club when they've sold every good player they've had over the last 15 years without exception. We're still getting called a selling club because we sold Rooney 11 years ago. The irony of being called a small club if we sell Stones by Liverpool and Spurs fans in the media.

Now the collective Filth is saying JS will force his move thru Kenwright....
How low can they go? Unfortunately...for us...there is no bottom for them...

Can you just imagine it?

Bobby tells Stones he can't leave and rejects any transfer request.

So John hotfoots it down to that London to ask Uncle Billy to overrule his manager and let him go.

:Blink:

These people must think their audience is comprised of primary school children.

Can you just imagine it?

So John hotfoots it down to that London to ask Uncle Billy to overrule his manager and let him go.

well half the forum gets genuinely upset and insecure about the jarg articles so must work for the rags

prob being paranoid but does MOTD always do a 'look at the papers' slot at the end of the programme? I can't remember many but could be wrong. Anyway inevitably last night focussed on Stones will demand transfer rumour.
Not sure what Stones can say now as a denial will be a response to a probable fabrication but just fuel it and distract him further.
The line from BBC, Talksport etc has been that they are just reporting the news but it is clear confirmation bias wth nothing that contradicts their narrative gaining any attention.
The press are not going to respond to complaints of bias or self interest so maybe the angle has to be the damage this constant unsettling does to young English players. Lots of ammunition there and they are a lot more sensitive to anything relating to the England team.

Yet as they mentioned stones " supposingly wanting to go" in the first clip, the next paper shown (the star I believe), in the top corner has "stones is staying". All just sensationalism so as when the lad eventually stays, they'll all trot out a Headline screaming "exclusive you heard it here first!" with a snippet of a piece of copy from 2 weeks previous saying the same, and coming across with all insider knowledge.... Throw enough [Poor language removed] at something and eventually something will actually stick.

Can you just imagine it?

This is literally what they must think!

@the esk

Yet as they mentioned stones " supposingly wanting to go" in the first clip, the next paper shown (the star I believe), in the top corner has "stones is staying". All just sensationalism so as when the lad eventually stays, they'll all trot out a Headline screaming "exclusive you heard it here first!" with a snippet of a piece of copy from 2 weeks previous saying the same, and coming across with all insider knowledge.... Throw enough [Poor language removed] at something and eventually something will actually stick.
yeah i noticed the article in the corner. this 'will go to see the chairman' story has now been passed round endlessly and obviously has no substance but they dont need any becuase their source soon becomes the first fabricated story. And of course it isn't balanced by any contradictory stories. Any claim they are not biased or self interested hs gone out the window in last day or so.
I just hope all our fans recognise the stirring and get right behind the lad today

Cannot be correct that the press know nothing and have no source inside the club, when they respond within a day or two to club briefings to print propaganda pieces for the board once a plane/banner starts flying past grounds.

Just wondering why some of them haven't been put to work squashing this story if the board genuinely aren't receptive to bids.

I'm concerned with the wording from Jags quotes on Stones which are being reported in the Echo:
'the club have been firm with John'.

What does that mean, they've told him he can't go?!

I'm concerned with the wording from Jags quotes on Stones which are being reported in the Echo:

I think they've bent him over their lap and smacked his bum for not eating his greens.

I did think that was a strange comment too tbh

I think they've bent him over their lap and smacked his bum for not eating his greens.

I did think that was a strange comment too tbh
Could be wrong but I took that to mean the club have been hardline with Chelsea over their position on selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back