John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Jags comments and Lukaku urging him to stay the other night, he clearly quite fancies the move. You've got to assume he won't push for the move at all though, he's too sensible for that.

He's pretty much 99% gone next summer unless we somehow get top 4 or win something.

I bet he does -- CL football and a trebling of his wages.......

From Jags comments and Lukaku urging him to stay the other night, he clearly quite fancies the move. You've got to assume he won't push for the move at all though, he's too sensible for that.

He's pretty much 99% gone next summer unless we somehow get top 4 or win something.

Listen, I'd be fancying the move, and I'm a blue. Stones has no allegiance to us, so he'd be mad if he wasn't tempted.

However that's a moot point. The issue is twofold: do we want to sell and is he more than just tempted? If he kicks up a stink then that's a different kettle of fish, but I doubt he will. If we don't want to sell and Stones is as mature and professional as I think he is, then we have nothing to worry about.

Stop panicking lads and lasses. Remember what the pope said...
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_pxjp5.webp

Listen, I'd be fancying the move, and I'm a blue. Stones has no allegiance to us, so he'd be mad if he wasn't tempted.

However that's a moot point. The issue is twofold: do we want to sell and is he more than just tempted? If he kicks up a stink then that's a different kettle of fish, but I doubt he will. If we don't want to sell and Stones is as mature and professional as I think he is, then we have nothing to worry about.

It seems at the moment Stones isn't that bothered either way, stay or go this summer, think it really is just a case of whether they meet whatever valuation we have of him.

It's just far too deep into the window now, even £50m would feel like a kick in the teeth.

Nice of John to ring around all the newspapers to tell them that he is planning on going to see Bill K and beg for a move.

Can't possibly have been Chelsea's media man feeding them that story like.
Not just that but he also went to Martinez and the end of last season and said I want to leave no matter the bid or the team.

Oh my GOD get this kopite out of here!

The Daily Express reckon John Stonesis so keen to join Chelsea that he will "beg" Everton chairman Bill Kenwright to allow him to leave this week.

The paper reports that the defender told manager Roberto Martinez at the end of last season that he was keen to talk to any interested clubs.

And it is claimed he will now officially ask to leave and Chelsea will make a final offer of around £36m for his services.

Seriously how do they get away with writing such crap?

Not at all. They've said that when questioned by the media on the issue that is dominating the papers.

Haha!

But honestly, who wouldn't be tempted by a move to the current best club/company in their domestic industry along with a massive increase in salary?
Not me :blush:

In all honesty, unless we manage to somehow catapult ourselves in to the Champions League places this season (even then) then it's just a matter of time.

New tactic from Moanio - dropped Cahill to the bench presumably to tell John Boy there's a starting slot when he leaves Walton's Mountain (aka Goodison).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back