John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll preface this with the point that I believe he's happy here and won't do it because he isn't desperate to leave... HOWEVER there's one big reason that players are particularly eager not to hand in transfer requests even if they massively want to leave: Loyalty bonuses, they can be worth millions and are only paid up to the player if they leave without requesting a transfer (or across the length of their contract if they stay). My favourite part of the whole Sterling saga was that the cheeky [Poor language removed] got a nice juicy loyalty bonus from Liverpool when he left even though he'd done everything but hand in a transfer request this summer to force a transfer.

You are right re.loyalty bonuses. they can be millions at times. It's why many people said Rooney didnt hand one in when Moyes went to Utd and Chelsea were linked, his was 4-5m or something crazy

I'm concerned with the wording from Jags quotes on Stones which are being reported in the Echo:
'the club have been firm with John'.

What does that mean, they've told him he can't go?!
think hes just referencing Martinez's quotes about not for sale. I think he means the club have been firm regarding John

I hope you're right but our "board" has form for misinformation and press manipulation and the Echo hacks seriously do not give a flying one what they print.

Lot of truth in what you say, but in this case I think they primed the Echo with their actual stance.

Not much longer till the window closes. We'll know soon enough.

Whats the betting that Sky will make him MOTM today so that they can speak to him after the game? First question will be ' well played John, now when are you going to Chelsea?'

If this does happen, his answer will be as follows:

"At the moment I'm an Everton player, I haven't heard anything from Chelsea and I'm just concentrating on the next game", or something to that effect.

He can't say anything other than that, as was being discussed about him being silent the other day, he HAS to remain professional and not get dragged in at all.

From Jags comments and Lukaku urging him to stay the other night, he clearly quite fancies the move. You've got to assume he won't push for the move at all though, he's too sensible for that.

He's pretty much 99% gone next summer unless we somehow get top 4 or win something.

If this does happen, his answer will be as follows:

"At the moment I'm an Everton player, I haven't heard anything from Chelsea and I'm just concentrating on the next game", or something to that effect.

He can't say anything other than that, as was being discussed about him being silent the other day, he HAS to remain professional and not get dragged in at all.

I know mate, just like sky to do it so that they can ask questions and twist everything he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back