John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just hear the commentators now. Terry sent off, Everton losing to City, why can't Stones move to Chelsea instead of staying with that bunch of losers, Chelsea need him so much right now, blah blah blah.

Going by Martinez interview on sky there, I'd say Martinez is resigned to losing Stones now....

I never heard or saw the interview but I imagine he must have been pretty downbeat after the defeat so on that basis I wouldn't read too much into anything he said about Stones.

There'll be murder if we sell Stones and don't get a top player in. Forget banners behind planes, some of our fans will hire actual planes and Kamikaze Bill's house.

He just didn't want to talk about it, that's all. Didn't read too much into it.

Although it must be said that when the reporter asked him if Stones had handed in a transfer request he dodged the question.
I didnt see the interview, you must of so I'll ask, if it was a manager of a player we were clearly after, would you think the deal was Dead or a goer after seeing a (hypothetical) opposition manager giving the interview Martinez just did?

I didnt see the interview, you must of so I'll ask, if it was a manager of a player we were clearly after, would you think the deal was Dead or a goer after seeing a (hypothetical) opposition manager giving the interview Martinez just did?

On it's own it would look like it was a possibility, but when you take into account everything else that has been said by him especially in his piece in the Telegraph, it may have been that he is just fed up talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back