John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, that's pretty accurate.
I can read all the esk's PM's though anyway, so it's no big deal.

LOL

To get back to the subject at hand, I do not believe Everton will sell Stones, I never have and I believe Everton, Martinez and Stones have each played blinders here.

I'm not posting the link because that's what they want in order to get clicks, but The Express are now saying that Martinez will get the sack if he doesn't sell Stones.

What rot. This is laughable now from the papers.

Forgive me if I'm reading a different article but if it's the one I think it is (by Paul Joyce, ex-Daily Post EFC reporter), he doesn't actually say that.

The article is entitled 'Roberto Martinez faces the sack at Everton if he can't make transfer system work' and is part of a look at our finances. There's a second piece by Joyce looking at the Board, with Palace's chairman telling us to stick with Kenwright.

I'm not posting the link because that's what they want in order to get clicks, but The Express are now saying that Martinez will get the sack if he doesn't sell Stones.

What rot. This is laughable now from the papers.

Liar liar Daily Expresses pants on fire

Forgive me if I'm reading a different article but if it's the one I think it is (by Paul Joyce, ex-Daily Post EFC reporter), he doesn't actually say that.

The article is entitled 'Roberto Martinez faces the sack at Everton if he can't make transfer system work' and is part of a look at our finances. There's a second piece by Joyce looking at the Board, with Palace's chairman telling us to stick with Kenwright.

I read it. I agree with @Groucho interpretation. Its a hidden agenda article

There was a one of them stats data collecting things going a few weeks ago that was showing that Everton and Evertonians fans are more active on Twitter than any other club, Everton gets tweeted more often than any other Premier League side it seems.
When you think about it if that applies to the rest of the internet writing crap about Everton is going to generate more clicks for the media than most other sides, OK i am sure Manchester United and Liverpool have more "fans" (part timers mainly) then Everton but most of them won't really interested in what is going on at the club in the background in the same way we are. I totally get why the media are doing this at the moment, Everton and Chelsea involved is a dream for them, no wonder they are making stuff up on a daily business.

LOL

To get back to the subject at hand, I do not believe Everton will sell Stones, I never have and I believe Everton, Martinez and Stones have each played blinders here.

Ive told @Woolly Blue to ban me for a month if it happens esk (I know it won't) to settle the panickers down on here.

Taking one for the team

#blueblood

There was a one of them stats data collecting things going a few weeks ago that was showing that Everton and Evertonians fans are more active on Twitter than any other club, Everton gets tweeted more often than any other Premier League side it seems.
When you think about it if that applies to the rest of the internet writing crap about Everton is going to generate more clicks for the media than most other sides, OK i am sure Manchester United and Liverpool have more "fans" (part timers mainly) then Everton but most of them won't really interested in what is going on at the club in the background in the same way we are. I totally get why the media are doing this at the moment, Everton and Chelsea involved is a dream for them, no wonder they are making stuff up on a daily business.

@Groucho highlighted an article just then where they spent the whole lot talking us down saying we are like crystal palace, Southampton and stoke. Saying we have to sell players.

Then right in the middle was a video URL to a story 'focus on john stones'

Even when they're not directly talking us down they are indirectly talking us down.

They are a laughing stock the express.

Agree. Having read it, the assumption that they make in the headline of the article is far-fetched at best, and there is certainly nothing to suggest that his job would be in any danger if he doesn't sell Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back