John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much this.

We dictate the fee. If they dont pay it then they dont get him.

Can you imagine the kind of deal Chelsea would do for one of their players if the net result of the sale would be costing Chelsea points in the league (the way the Stones deal will inevitably - unless we can find a senior replacement in the next 72 hours complete with a work permit)?

More than 60 million anyway.

And we have Martinez. He has an eye for young attackers with potential but I seriously doubt his vision for signing defenders. What should have been the 1st priority seems to be his last priority.

Well see. He only bought Alcaraz as a saftey buy as we were light at the back. He soon got rid.

Really though? 2 bids from the champions? One of the world's best managers chasing him?

We've played it the only way we could have. Hold off, bump the price up, hope for more interest.

Bit jarg the timing of his request though with the cup game against his old club.
I don't think he handed it in today.

All a bit tin foil hat but Stones did look a bit strange against City on Sunday. Getting frustrated at his team mates more and when Browning smashed in to him and let Navas clean through he strolled back in a ''I'm not going to catch him'' fashion.

With Terry now looking a bit wobbly I'm betting Chelsea and Mourinho have guaranteed him playing time.
I noticed that - went from being a team mate to being a nark

Not happy about him sticking the request in this late in the window. Even more annoyed that Chelsea's strategy worked.

Has it actually been confirmed by anyone credible or is this just another wild rumour? Gutted doesn't even begin to cover it if true, one of the things I liked about Stones was how down to earth and sensible he seemed. Talk about leaving us in the lurch

It clearly does.

The club need to reject it, insist its too late for replacements and insist he stays. They arent in a position to buy 3 CB's in a week never mind the two we need prior.

If they dont, they are behind it in my opinion and Martinez should walk out of principle.

We've said he's not for sale, Martinez said a transfer request at this stage wouldn't change the situation. If they stick to that he stays plain and simple.

Don't think the board forced him to turn one in(not saying they won't take him up on it though) they've lasted as long as they have by doing just enough to manage things from boiling over. With so much uproar the last few weeks they know keeping stones would appease the fans so I imagine they would've held on without a transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back