John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho made some comment at the start that our board wanted to wait until the end of the window. Looks like he was right.

This was the plan all along. We hoped it wouldn't be but deep down we knew it and the closer it came the more everything started to play out as expected.

We're a feeder club and nothing more and that's the board's fault.

Really? In that case so are Liverpool, Spurs, and United.

Well, he's made everybody on here look a complete blimp hasn't he?

Never, ever again put your faith in a footballer being decent human beings.

No excuses, nothing for this one I am afraid, the game is screwed, John Tones is a prize blimp and Chelsea and SkyTV can go fook themselves.

For me, Stones is at fault here. He's the target of my fume.

All bids have been rejected by the club with not for sale being stated, so if he intended to go then he should have handed in this request sooner.

I'm disappointed as he'll be excellent one day, but if he doesn't want to be here then he can sod off.

How could anyone want Stones when he played against Championship opposition?
that logic is ridiculous though. Based on what evidance is Evans not good enough and Van Dijk is? im not saying Van Dijk is a bad player, i would have him or Evans but the fact people are against Evans and want Van dijk doesnt make sense when lets be honest, know one watches scottish football

No surprise to me, have a said on a few threads that the fat toad (Bill) would be asking JS to "sign this kid, your off to the smoke " followed by Bobby being told you've got a few more quid.
Hopefully: Van Djik, Yarm, plus 2 ?

Although I would love to see Stones develop at Everton and go on to be the best defender in the world, it is not a total disaster and at the end of the day he is a central defender so it will cost less and arguably easier to replace than most other positions. If it means getting in someone like Yarmolenko then I'm afraid it is a no-brainer.

It is immensely disappointing that we always lose players nowadays, but times have changed. We cannot offer what the money clubs do. That is winning titles, mammoth wages and year on year Champs League football.

Really? The board is crap but it was STONES who handed in the transfer request.

OBVIOUSLY, but as i said can you blame him?i? timing is shocking but hes probably had his [Poor language removed] of an agent in his ear everydy saying go there and double your money, your doing nothing at everton and never will, just get on the phone sell him for as much as we can, i think theres 3 possible outcomes of this 2/3 of them are good

1) say no and keep him for another year, giving us time to identify his replacement
2) sell him now for £40mill go and sign a few good players with it, inc yarmalenko ( pay what they want, get us fans back on board)
3) sell him in a few days leaving no time to get anyone of any use in, sends out a horrid message to our other youngsters ( rom, barkley etc... aswell as our stars who have just signed contracts )

knowing our board number 3 is most likely,,,, how will bobby react to that? MASSIVE few days coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back