John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive opportunity for EFC.... go massively public and make a statement to everyman and his dog, " Stones has our permission to talk to any club that is willing to meet our asking price ... the price of £50 million . No time wasters please, we are willing to do business if our valuation is met..."

Quite simple, we have something that people want to buy ( his value will not go down even if he plays in the reserves as good old Roy Hodgson has quoted that even if he not playing he will get in the squad.) the euros are coming, clubs have been watching him for a while and not just this year, they know his talent.

We have to make a public stance or next year this scenario will be for Barkley, Rom and the rest

I'm not going to spend all night on here moaning, disappointed in the player but we all know everyone out for themselves. The board don't have it in them to reject his request and force him to stay. The best outcome got us is we get 40 million bid with a sell on fee, from. A club that not chelsea

Id tell him to get lost, should have done it weeks ago.

I didnt believe the club could be behind this but now I am not so sure.
The club owe a huge loan this month.. There is no coincidence and this has played out all Summer. I bet the club leaked stuff to the press and were part of the mass media campaign all along.

that logic is ridiculous though. Based on what evidance is Evans not good enough and Van Dijk is? im not saying Van Dijk is a bad player, i would have him or Evans but the fact people are against Evans and want Van dijk doesnt make sense when lets be honest, know one watches scottish football
Evans is a confirmed screw up. The lad is a disaster. Van Dijk has all the hallmarks of a class player. He'll leave Celtic this window and go to a top club.

Although I would love to see Stones develop at Everton and go on to be the best defender in the world, it is not a total disaster and at the end of the day he is a central defender so it will cost less and arguably easier to replace than most other positions. If it means getting in someone like Yarmolenko then I'm afraid it is a no-brainer.

It is immensely disappointing that we always lose players nowadays, but times have changed. We cannot offer what the money clubs do. That is winning titles, mammoth wages and year on year Champs League football.

There arent many centre backs who are as good at playing the way Martinez wants though.

Just spoke to a guy in work.

His missus works at a golf club and hotel near Manchester and said that somebody rang up today to book John Stones in to stay tonight.

Maybe he's heading to United? Evans the other way as part of the deal?

For me, Stones is at fault here. He's the target of my fume.

All bids have been rejected by the club with not for sale being stated, so if he intended to go then he should have handed in this request sooner.

I'm disappointed as he'll be excellent one day, but if he doesn't want to be here then he can sod off.

Do you honestly believe that Stones has waited for 4 bids to be rejected to hand in a transfer request a week before the end of the window?

Same tactics every time from the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back